Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Hermit and patron saint of Loc Horn, in Brittany, France. Hernan was a Briton who fled his homeland when the Anglo Saxons conquered the area.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Joseph Cafasso was born at Castelnuovo d'Asti in the Piedmont, Italy, of peasant parents. He studied at the seminary at Turin, and was ordained in 1833. He continued his theological studies at the ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Brigid was born Brigit, and shares a name with a Celtic goddess from whom many legends and folk customs are associated. There is much debate over her birthparents, but it is widely believed her mother was Brocca, a Christian baptized by Saint Patrick, and her ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Founder of the Franciscan Order, born at Assisi in Umbria, in 1181. In 1182, Pietro Bernardone returned from a trip to France to find out his wife had given birth to a son. Far from being excited or apologetic because he'd been gone, Pietro was furious because she'd ... continue reading
Francis was a young nobleman at the court of the King of Spain. He became a Duke when he was only thirty-three and lived a happy, peaceful life with his wife Eleanor and their eight children. But unlike so many other powerful nobles, Francis was a perfect Christian ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- St. Joseph Cafasso: Saint of the Day for Friday, June 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD Video
- 'Half-Man-Half-Beast sent by the Devil' sparks fear in South African ...
- The end of the farm as we know it has arrived - here's how we're ...
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, June 23, 2017
- How a Catholic should deal with Tinder and other dating apps
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD
- St. Emma HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD
- North Korea's secret strategy revealed HD