St. Helen of Skovde
Martyred noblewoman of Sweden, executed for the murder of her son in law and then proven innocent. When her husband died, Helen gave away her possessions and made a pilgrimage to Rome. Upon her return, she was falsely accused of murder of murder and executed. It was proven that servants did the actual deed. Miracles were reported at Helen's tomb. She was canonized in 1165.
Saint Feast Days by Month
It would be easy to concentrate on the mystical experiences God gave this saint, rather than on her life. In fact, it would be difficult to do differently, so overwhelming were those gifts from God. ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Frances Xavier Cabrini was born as Maria Francesca Cabrini on July 15, 1850 in Sant' Angelo Lodigiano, Lombardy, Italy. She was born two months premature and the youngest of thirteen children. Unfortunately, only three of her siblings survived past adolescence and ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Augustine of Hippo is the patron of brewers because of his conversion from a former life of loose living, which included parties, entertainment, and worldly ambitions. His complete turnaround and conversion has been an inspiration to many who struggle with a ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- First Daughter, Ivanka Trump holds groundbreaking meeting with human ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, May 26, 2017
- St. Philip Neri: Saint of the Day for Friday, May 26, 2017
- First Lady Melania Trump is a practicing Catholic
- Daily Reading for Saturday, May 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Catholic priest and his worshipers taken hostage by ISIS-aligned ...
- JESUS IS ALWAYS BY OUR SIDE: Pope Francis reminds all that even in ...
- Pope Francis and Donald Trump have monumental first meeting HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, May 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, May 25th, 2017 HD
- Bomb explodes during Ariana Grande concert full of young fans HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.