Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Bishop founder, also called Gery or Gau. He was in Ivoy, in the Ardennes region of Belgium and France, or in Trier, Germany, when he was ordained by St. Magnericus. In 586 he was named bishop of Cambrai and Arras, France, and founded St. Medard Monastery, which became the core of the city of Brussels, Belgium. He was a bishop for thirty-nine years and a relentless foe of paganism.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Elizabeth Ann Bayley Seton was the first native born American to be canonized by the Catholic Church. Born two years before the American Revolution, Elizabeth grew up in the upper class of New York society. She was a prolific reader, and read everything from the Bible ... continue readingMore Female Saints
As a young lay woman in Coesfeld, Germany, Anne Catherine Emmerick, employed as a seamstress, daily attended Mass, visited the Blessed Sacrament, and in the late evening spent hour upon hour praying on her knees. Around midnight, she would leave her home to make the ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Monday, July 24, 2017
- Why are all these Catholic women coming to New Mexico?
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat ...
- We all have EVIL in us!: Pope Francis makes strong statement ...
- St. John Boste: Saint of the Day for Monday, July 24, 2017
- 'Social Cleansing': Is Philippines President Duterte guilty of human ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 HD
- Deadbeat Republicans, do your job or GET OUT! HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD