St. Finian Lobhar
Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Irish abbot, a disciple of St. Columba. He was born in Bregia, Leinster, Ireland. Tradition credits him with founding a church at Innisfallen and a monastery there as well. After a stay in Clonmore, Finian Lobhar became abbot of Swords Abbey near Dublin. He may have returned to Clonmore in his later years and was called Lobhar, "the Leper," but apparently did not have that disease. He acquired the name when he contracted leprosy from a young boy whom he cured of the disease.
Saint Feast Days by Month
It would be easy to concentrate on the mystical experiences God gave this saint, rather than on her life. In fact, it would be difficult to do differently, so overwhelming were those gifts from God. ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Bernadette was born in Lourdes, France on January 7, 1844. Her parents were very poor and she was the first of nine children. She was baptized at St. Pierre's, the local parish church, on January 9. As a toddler, Bernadette contracted cholera and suffered extreme ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Benedictine abbot in Lerins, in France. He is reported as a co-worker of St. Amandus of Lerins. continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis and Donald Trump have monumental first meeting HD Video
- St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi: Saint of the Day for Thursday, May 25, 2017
- Daily Readings for Thursday, May 25, 2017
- First Daughter, Ivanka Trump holds groundbreaking meeting with human ...
- JESUS IS ALWAYS BY OUR SIDE: Pope Francis reminds all that even in ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, May 26th, 2017 HD Video
- NINE Christians shot dead by sick ISIS militants as they take ...
- Daily Reading for Thursday, May 25th, 2017 HD
- Bomb explodes during Ariana Grande concert full of young fans HD
- St. John Baptist de Rossi HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.