Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Archbishop of Milan, Italy, and papal legate. While still a priest, he was sent by Pope St. Leo I the Great as a legate to the imperial court of Constantinople (modern Istanbul, Turkey) to petition Emperor Theodosius II to summon a council to define Chrisfs two natures in the wake of the heresies of the time. Senator was subsequently sent as a papal representative to the Council of Chalcedon (451), which proved a triumph for orthodoxy and the position of the pope. In 472, Senator was appointed archbishop of Milan.
Saint Feast Days by Month
"Jesus loved Martha and Mary and Lazarus." This unique statement in John's gospel tells us of the special relationship Jesus had with Martha, her sister, and her brother. Apparently Jesus was a ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Empress mother of Constantine the Great. She was a native of Bithynia, who married the then Roman general Constantius I Chlorus about 270. Constantine was born soon after, and in 293, Constantius was made Caesar, or junior emperor. He divorced Helena to marry co ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Felix was the son of Hermias, a Syrian who had been a Roman soldier. He was born on his father's estate at Nola near Naples, Italy. On the death of his father, Felix distributed his inheritance to the poor, was ordained by Bishop St. Maximus of Nola, and became his ... continue reading
By Marshall Connolly (CALIFORNIA NETWORK)
Tomorrow, July 26, is one year after the brutal murder of Fr. Jacques Hamel by ISIS-affiliated terrorists in France. The bishops of France are remembering him today. Reflecting on his passing, millions are asking, is he a saint? LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) -- ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- What happens when Catholics miss the point of their faith?
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 1st, 2017 HD Video
- Why can't Republicans repeal Obamacare? HD Video
- St. Martha: Saint of the Day for Saturday, July 29, 2017
- Daily Readings for Saturday, July 29, 2017
- Why can't Republicans repeal Obamacare? Maverick senators, for one
- Science confirms what Biblical scholars already know - the conquest ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 31st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 30th, 2017 HD
- What can you expect when you die? Science provides an answer HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 29th, 2017 HD