Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Benedictine monk-companion of St. Boniface with Elleher, Hathawulf, Haduiph, and Gundekar. They were all martyred with St. Boniface, four of the fifty-two monks who died with the great missionary at the hands of pagans.They share the same feast day as martyrs of the Benedictine Order.
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Januarius was born in Italy and was bishop of Benevento during the Emperor Diocletion persecution. Bishop Januarius went to visit two deacons and two laymen in prison. He was then also imprison ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Brigid was born Brigit, and shares a name with a Celtic goddess from whom many legends and folk customs are associated. There is much debate over her birthparents, but it is widely believed her mother was Brocca, a Christian baptized by Saint Patrick, and her ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Bonaventure, Bishop and Doctor of the Church (Feast day-July 15) St. Bonaventure, known as "the seraphic doctor," was born at Bagnoregio, in the Lazio region of central Italy, in 1221. He received the name of Bonaventure in consequence of an exclamation of St. ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- Here's how Catholic Online is going to change your life, starting NOW!
- Planet Niburu: What's going to happen on September 23?
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 20th, 2017 HD Video
- Officials: 'Evacuate or die' as Cat 5 Maria closes on Puerto Rico
- St. Januarius: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- Another priest rescued from ISIS! Philippine Army rescues 'Fr. Chito' ...
- Another priest rescued from ISIS! Philippine Army rescues 'Fr. Chito' HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 20th, 2017 HD
- Catholic Online Presents HD
- Terrorist at large! London attack injures 22, more attacks could happen HD