What’s NOT in the Bible led him to absolute truth in Jesus
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
Author presents his journey from Evangelical Christianity to Catholicism
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (September 11, 2013) – Numerous Evangelicals have put their trust in God and decided to become Catholic. Many Evangelicals and Catholic alike wonder, “What makes someone take the leap of faith and convert?” Award-winning Catholic columnist Mark Shea takes a lively and entertaining look at his conversion from Evangelical Christianity to Catholicism in the newly expanded, updated version of his book BY WHAT AUTHORITY: An Evangelical discovers Catholic tradition.
As an Evangelical, Shea accepted the principle of “sola scriptura” (Scripture alone), the doctrine that the Bible contains all knowledge necessary for salvation and holiness as the basis of faith. Now as a Catholic convert, he skillfully explains how and why Sacred Tradition occupies a central role in Divine Revelation and is the fundamental basis of Church authority – for ALL Christians.
Tracing his own journey of intellectual and spiritual awakening, Shea begins by looking for a rejoinder to those modern-day false prophets who would claim that Scripture itself is not to be trusted, and ends with his conviction that tradition, as explained by the Catholic Church, is the only sure guarantee of the truth of the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Shea offers a coherent, well-reasoned case for Catholic tradition based on history and Scripture. In this updated edition of his best-selling book, he also addresses the recent priest scandal and the doubts about authority raised by the theatrical and literature phenomena, “The Da Vinci Code.” BY WHAT AUTHORITY is an essential work of apologetics for all those seeking a firm grounding for faith.
“A crystal clear and compelling case for Sacred Tradition, on the basis of logic, history and Scripture,” said Scott Hahn, author of “Rome Sweet Home” and former Protestant minister. “It is simply the best I have found.”
Shea is a double-jump convert: Raised more or less as an agnostic pagan, he became a non-denominational Evangelical in 1979, and entered the Catholic Church in 1987.
For more information, to request a review copy or to schedule an interview with Mark Shea, please contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://www.ignatius.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
By What Authority, Mark Shea, Ignatius Press, Catholic convert, Evangelicals, Sacred Tradition
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards