All: Come, let us adore Him.
Mother: The precious gifts which the Magi brought to the
Lord this day are threefold,
and they are signs of divine mysteries.
By gold the power of the King is signified,
by frankincense His great priesthood,
by myrrh the burial of the Lord.
All: The Magi worshipped the Author of our salvation in
and of their treasures they brought to Him gifts of
Youngest Child: Glory be to the Father and to the Son and
to the Holy Ghost.
All: As it was in the beginning,
is now and ever shall be, world without end.
Father: Let us pray. O God,
by the leading of a star Thou didst manifest Thine
only begotten Son
to the Gentiles on this day;
mercifully grant that we who know Thee by faith,
may be brought to contemplate the beauty of Thy
Through the same Jesus Christ Thy Son.
The following hymn serves well as a conclusion.
Additional verses may be composed by members of the
The Wise Men tune Jesu Dulcis Memoria
Now there appeared a brilliant Star
Which led the wise Men from afar.
They came and, kneeling down, adored
And offered gifts to Christ, the Lord.
[From The Story of the Redemption for Children.]
[Source: Christmas to Candlemas in a Catholic Home by
Helen McLoughlin, The Liturgical Press, Collegeville,
More Hope Prayers
Showing 1 - 51 of 51
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
(Composed by Archbishop Carroll in 1800.) We pray Thee, O Almighty and Eternal God, who through Jesus Christ hast revealed Thy glory to all nations, to preserve the works of Thy mercy; that Thy Church, being spread through the whole world, may continue, with unchanging faith, in the confession of ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- St. Aldemar: Saint of the Day for Friday, March 24, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Friday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 24
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Why is this 14-foot statue of Our Lady underwater?
- What happened during the London terror attack? HD Video
- Outrage as Catholic University erected CROSSES on their own property ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, March 24, 2017
- Pope Francis prays for Westminster terror attack victims HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 24th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Supreme court nominee faces tough questions on religious freedom during confirmation hearings HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.