All: Come, let us adore Him.
Mother: The precious gifts which the Magi brought to the
Lord this day are threefold,
and they are signs of divine mysteries.
By gold the power of the King is signified,
by frankincense His great priesthood,
by myrrh the burial of the Lord.
All: The Magi worshipped the Author of our salvation in
and of their treasures they brought to Him gifts of
Youngest Child: Glory be to the Father and to the Son and
to the Holy Ghost.
All: As it was in the beginning,
is now and ever shall be, world without end.
Father: Let us pray. O God,
by the leading of a star Thou didst manifest Thine
only begotten Son
to the Gentiles on this day;
mercifully grant that we who know Thee by faith,
may be brought to contemplate the beauty of Thy
Through the same Jesus Christ Thy Son.
The following hymn serves well as a conclusion.
Additional verses may be composed by members of the
The Wise Men tune Jesu Dulcis Memoria
Now there appeared a brilliant Star
Which led the wise Men from afar.
They came and, kneeling down, adored
And offered gifts to Christ, the Lord.
[From The Story of the Redemption for Children.]
[Source: Christmas to Candlemas in a Catholic Home by
Helen McLoughlin, The Liturgical Press, Collegeville,
More Hope Prayers
Showing 1 - 51 of 51
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
For the Birthday of a family member Heavenly Father, We praise You for all Your gifts to us. In a special way, We thank You for (name). Bless him (her) always in Your love. Bless us too, Holy Father, And this food with which we celebrate. Help us all to praise You and give You glory Through Jesus ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Why does the devil hate the Virgin Mary? Exorcists explain
- Day 9 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, April 28, 2017
- It feels great to win! Here's the list of things President Trump has ...
- Daily Reading for Sunday, April 30th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Peter Chanel: Saint of the Day for Friday, April 28, 2017
- Pope Francis arrives in Egypt to deliver messages of solidarity with ...
- Day 9 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 8 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- St. Padre Pio appears in U.S. on 130th birthday anniversary HD
- St. Athanasius HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.