Japanese Quake and Tsunami of 2011
We come to you in the name of your Son Jesus Christ. We ask for your loving Mercy and kindness toward all who suffer as a result of the Earthquake, Tsunami and aftershocks which have devastated the people of Japan.
Lord, for those who lost their lives, and those who mourn them, we ask for your loving mercy.
Lord, for those who were wounded, we ask for healing and help.
Lord, for those reaching out to the wounded, give them the supernatural graces, and the practical and economic resources they need in their efforts.
Lord, for those who are searching for the dead, assist them in their effort so that all who lost their lives in this tragedy can be buried with dignity.
We also pray also for those who were affected by this horrible disaster in Hawaii and those who are ministering to their needs.
Father, may this natural disaster and true human tragedy become an invitation for your people to enter into the ongoing mission of reaching out to all of the poor and seeing in their face and in their need the face of your Son.
During this Lent, we say "Yes" to your invitation to practice the corporal and spiritual works of mercy. May this human tragedy become for your people an occasion of grace and invitation to love.
We ask this in the name of Jesus the Lord
Written by Deacon Keith Fournier
More Disasters Prayers
Showing 1 - 1 of 1
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
I humbly salute you, O you faithful, heavenly Friends of my children! I give you heartfelt thanks for all the love and goodness you show them. At some future day I shall, with thanks more worthy than I can now give, repay your care for them, and before the whole heavenly court acknowledge ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, May 23, 2017
- Pope Francis urges Christians to act with gentleness and respect
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 HD Video
- St. John Baptist de Rossi: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, May 23, 2017
- Is Callista Gingrich the best choice for the new U.S. Ambassador to ...
- Artist creates breathtaking model of St. Peter's Square
- St. John Baptist de Rossi HD Video
- Fatima apparitions to be featured in dramatic new film HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 22nd, 2017 HD
- U2 lead singer, Bono endorses Psalms message HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.