Evening Prayer #5
how many nights have I slept in enmity with Thee?
in what a miserable state was my soul during that time!
it was hated by Thee,
and wished to be hated by Thee.
I was condemned to hell;
there was nothing wanting
but the execution of the sentence.
But Thou, my God,
hast never ceased to seek after me,
and invite me to pardon.
But who can assure me
that Thou hast pardoned me?
Must I, O my Jesus!
live in this uncertainty
till Thou dost judge me?
But the sorrow which I feel
for having offended Thee,
my desire to love Thee,
and still more,
O my beloved Redeemer!
make me hope that Thy grace dwells in my soul.
I am sorry for having offended Thee,
O Sovereign Good!
and I love Thee above all things.
I resolve to forfeit everything
rather than lost Thy grace and Thy love.
Thou dost wish that the heart
which seeks Thee should be full of joy.
"Let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord."
Lord, I detest all the injuries
I have offered to Thee.
Give me courage and confidence;
do not upbraid me with my ingratitude;
for I myself know and detest it.
Thou hast said that Thou willest not
the death of a sinner,
but that he be converted and live.
Yes, my God,
I leave all things and turn to Thee.
Give me Thy love;
I ask nothing else.
O Mary! thou, after Jesus, art my hope;
obtain for me holy perseverance.
More Evening Prayers
Showing 1 - 30 of 30
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
Father of Mercy, forgive my failings, keep me in Your Grace, and lead me in the way of salvation. Give me strength in serving You as a follower of Christ. May the Eucharist bring me Your Forgiveness and give me freedom to serve You all my life. May it help me to remain faithful and give me ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Supermassive black hole discovered surfing gravitational wave HD Video
- 7 inspiring quotes to change your life forever
- Miracle baby defies odds after mother refuses doctors' abortion ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Venturino of Bergamo: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Tuesday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 28
- Catholic Archdiocese of Mexico calls out 'traitor' Mexicans HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 27th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.