Tenth Station: Jesus clothes are taken away
All: Because by your holy cross You have redeemed the world.
The soldiers notice you have something of value. They remove your cloak and throw dice for it. Your wounds are torn open once again. Some of the people in the crowd make fun of you. They tease you and challenge you to perform a miracle for them to see. They're not aware that you'll perform the greatest miracle of all!
As a child, sometimes I'm tempted to repeat stories I know are unclean and disrespectful. I sometimes try to act grown up by using crude and bad words.
As an adult, sometimes I repeat stories that are disrespectful of others. I can entertain thoughts that are not clean. Sometimes I give the young people around me a bad example to follow.
Help me to keep myself pure and clean. Help me say things that build up the people around me. Help me overcome worldly desires that I may become more like Jesus. Help me set a good example for others to follow.
My Jesus, stripped of Thy garments and drenched with gall, strip me of love for things of earth, and make me loathe all that savors of the world and sin.
Our Father.... Hail Mary.... Glory be to the Father....
Leader: Jesus Christ Crucified.
All: Have mercy on Us.
Leader: May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, Rest in peace.
MORE Stations of the Cross
- Opening Prayer
- 1st Station: Jesus is condemned to death
- 2nd Station: Jesus carries His cross
- 3rd Station: Jesus falls the first time
- 4th Station: Jesus meets his mother
- 5th Station: Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry his cross
- 6th Station: Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
- 7th Station: Jesus falls the second time
- 8th Station: Jesus meets the women of Jerusalem
- 9th Station: Jesus falls a third time
- 10th Station: Jesus clothes are taken away
- 11th Station: Jesus is nailed to the cross
- 12th Station: Jesus dies on the cross
- 13th Station: The body of Jesus is taken down from the cross
- 14th Station: Jesus is laid in the tomb
Stations of the Cross
Becoming a Catholic
A Guide for Confession
Explanation of the Mass
Mysteries of the Rosary
Holy Days of Obligation
What are Indulgences?
Introduction to Indulgences
Church Teachings on Indulgences
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
The Last Things
A List of Roman Catholic Popes
The Ecumenical Councils
Browse Prayers by Alphabet
O Master and holy God, who are beyond our understanding: at your word, light came forth out of darkness. In your mercy, you gave us rest through night-long sleep, and raised us up to glorify your goodness and to offer our supplication to You. Now, in your own tender love, accept us who adore You and give thanks to You with all our heart. ... continue reading
Almighty and ever-faithful Lord, gratefully acknowledging Your mercy and humbly admitting our need, we pledge our trust in You and each other. Filled with desire, we respond to Your call for discipleship by shaping our lives in imitation of Christ. We profess that the call requires us to be stewards of Your gifts. As stewards, we receive Your gifts gratefully, ... continue reading