St. Peter Y Taech'ol
Canonized By: Pope John Paul II
Saint Peter Yu Tae-chol (c. 1826 - October 31, 1839) was one of the 103 canonised Korean Martyrs and a son of a government interpreter named Augustine Nyou Tjin-kil, also a martyr.
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Abigail, more commonly known as St. Gobnait or Deborah, was a medieval Irish saint born around the 6th century in County Clare, Ireland. According to tradition, Abigail's family was always feuding. This caused her to run away from home to settle on Inis Oirr in ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Founder of the Franciscan Order, born at Assisi in Umbria, in 1181. In 1182, Pietro Bernardone returned from a trip to France to find out his wife had given birth to a son. Far from being excited or apologetic because he'd been gone, Pietro was furious because she'd ... continue reading
Francis was a young nobleman at the court of the King of Spain. He became a Duke when he was only thirty-three and lived a happy, peaceful life with his wife Eleanor and their eight children. But unlike so many other powerful nobles, Francis was a perfect Christian ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
by Catholic Online
- There is a secret plan for America, and what we're seeing is just the ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, August 18th, 2017 HD Video
- People in Yemen are dying of a foul and dreaded disease as civil war ...
- St. Stephen the Great: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- Should history be rewritten to appease the angry? HD Video
- Corrupt media censoring news of lawsuit against Democratic National ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- Catholic Online YouTube HD
- Today is the Feast of the Assumption. Why do we celebrate it? HD
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 17th, 2017 HD