Bl. Nicholas Charnetsky
Beatified By: Pope John Paul II
Blessed Nicholas (Ukrainian: Mykolay) Charnetsky (1884-1959) was a member of the Redemptorists (Congregation of the Holy Redeemer), a religious congregation in the Latin Rite branch of the Catholic Church; he is considered to be a martyr by the Church.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Born on October 16 1890 in Corinaldo, in the Ancona Province in Italy, her farmworker father moved his family to Ferrier di Conca, near Anzio. When he died of malaria, Maria's mother had to struggle to feed her children. Maria's mother, brothers, and sisters worked in ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Artaldus (also called Arthaud) was born in the castle of Sothonod in Savoy. At the age of eighteen, he went to the court of Duke Amadeus III, but a year or two after, he became a Carthusian at Portes. After many years, being a priest and an experienced and holy ... continue reading
St. Augustine of Hippo is the patron of brewers because of his conversion from a former life of loose living, which included parties, entertainment, and worldly ambitions. His complete turnaround and conversion has been an inspiration to many who struggle with a ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Monday, June 26, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Catholic hero gifted most prestigous award after saving woman's life ...
- St. Anthelm: Saint of the Day for Monday, June 26, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Is the 'Gaucho Priest' the Devil's worst nightmare?
- 'Budgets are moral documents'
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD
- St. Emma HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD