Bl. Louise Therese de Montaignac de Chauvance
Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Beatified By: Pope John Paul II
Louise-Therese de de Montaignac Chauvance was a founder of the Congregation of the Oblates of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Louise-Therese was of a noble French family, she studied at the Faithful Companions of Jesus College and later at the Paris des Oiseaux, held by Canonesses of St. Augustine of the Congregation of Our Lady.
Gave rise to numerous works for the sustenance to the poor churches, assistance to orphans and support for priestly vocations. Louise-Therese was affected by a disease which affected her legs, and inturn was bedridden for many years.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Joseph Cafasso was born at Castelnuovo d'Asti in the Piedmont, Italy, of peasant parents. He studied at the seminary at Turin, and was ordained in 1833. He continued his theological studies at the ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Monica, also known as Monica of Hippo, is St. Augustine of Hippo's mother. She was born in 331 A.D. in Tagaste, which is present-day Algeria. When she was very young, she was married off to the Roman pagan Patricius, who shared his mother's violent temper. ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Ava was the daughter of King Pepin. She was cured of blindness by St. Rainfredis, became a Benedictine nun at Dinart, Hainault, and later was elected Abbess. Her feast day is April 29th. continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- On the Path to Sainthood: The remarkable story of a young women and ...
- When it comes to healthcare reform, listen to our bishops!
- North Korea's secret strategy revealed HD Video
- St. Joseph Cafasso: Saint of the Day for Friday, June 23, 2017
- A Serial Killer's Last Words: The hidden motive behind Ted Bundy's ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, June 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 23rd, 2017 HD
- What if an asteroid strikes near you? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 HD
- Killer supervolcano under Yellowstone stirs as 500 earthquakes hit park HD