St. John Tchen
Canonized By: Pope John Paul II
Saint Feast Days by Month
Clare was born at Montefalco, Italy, around 1268. As a young woman she joined a convent of Franciscan tertiaries. This group established Holy Cross Convent at Montefalco in 1290, adopting the Rule of ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saints Joachim (sometimes spelled "Joaquin," pronounced "wal-keem") and Anne, are the parents of the Virgin Mary. There are no mentions of them in the Bible or Gospels, what we know comes from Catholic legend and the Gospel of James, which is an unsanctioned, ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
"I prefer death in Christ Jesus to power over the farthest limits of the earth. He who died in place of us is the one object of my quest. He who rose for our sakes is my one desire." In 107, during the reign of the brutal Emperor Trajan, this holy Bishop was ... continue reading
Ignatius was the son of a poor farmer in Laconi, Italy. He was born on December 17, 1701. When he was about seventeen, he became very ill. He promised to be a Franciscan if he would get better. But when the illness left him, his father convinced him to wait. A couple ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- North Korea launches purge against Christians as faith spreads across ...
- Pro-life wins in Texas with new law to protect religious freedom and ...
- St. Clare of Montefalco: Saint of the Day for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Daily Readings for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Get ready for self checkout everywhere: 3.5 million retail cashiers ...
- Should history be rewritten to appease the angry? HD Video
- Over 20 million people facing starvation - and we should care!
- Daily Reading for Friday, August 18th, 2017 HD
- Catholic Online YouTube HD
- Today is the Feast of the Assumption. Why do we celebrate it? HD
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD