St. Filippo Smaldone
Saint Filippo Smaldone (July 27, 1848 - June 4, 1923) is a saint in the Roman Catholic Church. He founded the Salesian Sisters of the Sacred Hearts and is known for his work with the deaf.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Born on October 16 1890 in Corinaldo, in the Ancona Province in Italy, her farmworker father moved his family to Ferrier di Conca, near Anzio. When he died of malaria, Maria's mother had to struggle to feed her children. Maria's mother, brothers, and sisters worked in ... continue readingMore Female Saints
St. Fina or Seraphina, Virgin A.D. 1253 The old town of San Geminiano in Tuscany treasures with special veneration the memory of Santa Fina, a young girl whose claim to be recognized as a saint lay in the perfect resignation with which she accepted bodily suffering. ... continue reading
He was the son of an artisan and a lady of the Irish royal court. Born in Connaught, Ireland, and baptized Lochan, he was educated at Kilmacahil, Kilkenny, where the monks named him Fionnbharr (white head) because of his light hair; he is also known as Bairre and Barr. ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
by Catholic Online
- St. Thomas of Villanueva: Saint of the Day for Friday, September 22, 2017
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD Video
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, September 22, 2017
- Hurricane Maria scours Puerto Rico, will be months before electricity ...
- We have unmasked the, foul-mouthed, liberal hypocrite Lawrence ...
- Pope Francis asks the intercession of Our Lady of Guadalupe following ...
- Terrifying earthquake collapses buildings in Mexico City, hundreds dead HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, September 22nd, 2017 HD
- Officials warn, 'evacuate or die' as Maria churns towards Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, September 21st, 2017 HD