Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Saint Feast Days by Month
Augustinian bishop. Born at Fuentellana, Castile, Spain, he was the son of a miller. He studied at the University of Alcala, earned a licentiate in theology, and became a professor there at the age ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
In the fourth century a Greek religious romance on the Loves of Cecilia and Valerian was written in glorification of virginal life with the purpose of taking the place of then-popular sensual romances. Consequently, until better evidence is produced, we must conclude ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Benedict is believed to have been born around 480, as the son to a Roman noble of Norcia and the twin to his sister, Scholastica. In the fifth century, the young Benedict was sent to Rome to finish his education with a nurse/housekeeper. The subject that ... continue reading
There is a saint called Benedict the Black or Benedict the Moor. He was born a slave near Messina, Italy. He was freed by his master and became a solitary, eventually settling with other hermits at Montepellegrino. He was made superior of the community, but when he was ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- We have unmasked the, foul-mouthed, liberal hypocrite Lawrence ...
- With so many earthquakes, is California next?
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, September 22, 2017
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD Video
- Pope Francis asks the intercession of Our Lady of Guadalupe following ...
- St. Thomas of Villanueva: Saint of the Day for Friday, September 22, 2017
- Terrifying earthquake collapses buildings in Mexico City, hundreds dead HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, September 22nd, 2017 HD
- Officials warn, 'evacuate or die' as Maria churns towards Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, September 21st, 2017 HD