St. Paula Frasinetti
Foundress, also known as Paola Frassinetti. She was born in Genoa. Her brother was a parish priest in the city, and she assisted him by teaching poor children in their parish. From this humble beginning in 1834 began the Congregation of St. Dorothy, which soon spread across Italy and then to the Americas. Beatified in 1930, she was canonized in 1984.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Peter, who was also known as Simon Peter of Cephas, is considered the first Pope. Despite his papacy, Peter had humble beginnings and became one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus. He was ordained by ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Josephine Margaret Bakhita was born around 1869 in the village of Olgossa in the Darfur region of Sudan. She was a member of the Daju people and her uncle was a tribal chief. Due to her family lineage, she grew up happy and relatively prosperous, saying that as a ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Ita was reputedly of royal lineage. She was born at Decies, Waterford, Ireland, refused to be married, and secured her father's permission to live a virginal life. She moved to Killeedy, Limerick, and founded a community of women dedicated to God. She also founded a ... continue reading
St. James the Less, the author of the first Catholic Epistle, was the son of Alphaeus of Cleophas. His mother Mary was either a sister or a close relative of the Blessed Virgin, and for that reason, according to Jewish custom, he was sometimes called the brother of the ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- St. Peter: Saint of the Day for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- Mafia responds to Pope Francis' suggestion they be excommunicated HD ...
- All governments must work harder to stop human trafficking
- Pope Francis appoints five new cardinals
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 30th, 2017 HD Video
- Cardinal Pell accused of 'historic sex offenses' looks forward to ...
- Mafia responds to Pope Francis' suggestion they be excommunicated HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 29th, 2017 HD
- Terrorists using Christians as sex slaves and human shields in the Philippines HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD