St. Modestus & Julian
Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Martyrs linked by being listed together in the pre-1970 Roman Martyrology. There is no proven historical association between them. Modestus was martyred at Carthage, Africa, and Julian is patron saint of Cartagena, Spain.
Saint Feast Days by Month
What we know of St. Elizabeth comes from the Gospel, the book of Luke, in particular. In Luke, Elizabeth, a daughter of the line of Aaron, and the wife of Zacharias, was "righteous before God" and was "blameless" but childless. Elizabeth is also a cousin to the Virgin ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Claretian archbishop and founder. Anthony was born in Salient in Catalonia, Spain, in 1807, the son of a weaver. He took up weaving but then studied for the priesthood, desiring to be a Jesuit. Ill health prevented his entering the Order, and he served as a secular ... continue reading
Saint Anthony was born Fernando Martins in Lisbon, Portugal. He was born into a wealthy family and by the age of fifteen asked to be sent to the Abbey of Santa Cruz in Coimbra, the then capital of Portugal. During his time in the Abbey, he learned theology and ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
by Catholic Online
- Slovakia Catholics gift Iceland with a beautiful new church
- St. Anthelm: Saint of the Day for Monday, June 26, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Catholic hero gifted most prestigous award after saving woman's life ...
- Is the 'Gaucho Priest' the Devil's worst nightmare?
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Monday, June 26, 2017
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD
- St. Emma HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD