Egyptian martyr, possibly slain at Karm Aba Mina, near Alexandria. An officer in the imperial army of Rome, he resigned when the persecutions of Christians was started. Mennas lived as a recluse in the mountains of Phrygia, but he then proclaimed his Christianity, suffering beheading as a resuIt. His remains were enshrined, and his cult as a warrior saint became popular in the Middle Ages. He is always depicted with a camel. His cult is now confined to local calendars.
Saint Feast Days by Month
The writings of St. Irenaeus entitle him to a high place among the fathers of the Church, for they not only laid the foundations of Christian theology but, by exposing and refuting the errors of the ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Joan of Arc is the patroness of soldiers and of France. On January 6, 1412, Joan of Arc was born to pious parents of the French peasant class in the obscure village of Domremy, near the province of Lorraine. At a very early age, she was said to have heard the ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
All we know of Barnabas is to be found in the New Testament. A Jew, born in Cyprus and named Joseph, he sold his property, gave the proceeds to the Apostles, who gave him the name Barnabas, and lived in common with the earliest converts to Christianity in Jerusalem. He ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Even pedophiles get second chances! Mafia responds to Pope Francis' ...
- St. Irenaeus: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- Kidnapped Philippine priest is seen ALIVE
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- Terrorists using Christians as sex slaves and human shields in the ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Gay and Catholic? Man struggles to find answers as a practicing ...
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD