Bl. Natalis Pinot
Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
French martyr, also called Nael. A native of Angers, France, he received ordination in 1771 and served as a parish priest until the start of the French Revolution. When he refused to sign the oath accepting the severely anti Catholic Civil Constitution of 1790, he was removed from his post. He thus existed as a priest in secret, despite a court order, and then openly, in defiance of the commandments of the revolutionary government. Arrested while offering the Eucharist, he was sentenced to death and guillotined on February 21, while still dressed in his vestments. He was beatified in 1926.
Saint Feast Days by Month
At the end of the sixth century anyone would have said that Augustine had found his niche in life. Looking at this respected prior of a monastery, almost anyone would have predicted he would spend ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Teresa Benedicta of the Cross (Edith Stein)Virgin and Martyr Edith Stein, born in 1891 in Breslau, Poland, was the youngest child of a large Jewish family. She was an outstanding student and was well versed in philosophy with a particular interest in ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Benedictine abbot and defender of the faith. Born in Canas, Navarre, Spain, circa 1000, he entered the Benedictines at San Millan de Ia Cogolla. King Garcia III of Navarre challenged him when he became abbot of the monastery, and Dominic refused to surrender part of ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- St. Augustine of Canterbury: Saint of the Day for Saturday, May 27, 2017
- Catholic Hostages: Filipino Cardinal prays for Islamic militants to ...
- Daily Readings for Saturday, May 27, 2017
- First US female genital mutilation case tries to use Religious ...
- 26 Coptic Christians BRUTALLY MURDERED on bus to St. Samuel Monastery ...
- 26 Coptic Christians dead after heinous attack HD Video
- A Big Thank You from JESUS IS - The Series HD Video
- Day 5 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 4 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 3 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.