Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Archbishop of Lyons, France, and theologian. After serving as the arch-chaplain to the royal court of the Carolingian ruler Charles the Bald, he was named archbishop of Lyons in 852. During his time as archbishop, he became involved in the controversy surrounding the theologian Gottschalk of Fulda. While he was opposed to Gottschalk's teachings and ideas on predestination, he was firmly against the harsh treatment of the theologian as a result of his incarceration at the hands of Hincmar of Reims. Feast day: October 28.
Saint Feast Days by Month
St Pantaleon came from Nicomedia, near the Black Sea, in Asia. He was such a famous doctor that the Emperor himself chose him for his own doctor. Pantaleon was a Christian, but the bad influence from ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Josephine Margaret Bakhita was born around 1869 in the village of Olgossa in the Darfur region of Sudan. She was a member of the Daju people and her uncle was a tribal chief. Due to her family lineage, she grew up happy and relatively prosperous, saying that as a ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Edward the Confessor was the son of King Ethelred III and his Norman wife, Emma, daughter of Duke Richard I of Normandy. He was born at Islip, England, and sent to Normandy with his mother in the year 1013 when the Danes under Sweyn and his son Canute invaded England. ... continue reading
By Marshall Connolly (CALIFORNIA NETWORK)
Tomorrow, July 26, is one year after the brutal murder of Fr. Jacques Hamel by ISIS-affiliated terrorists in France. The bishops of France are remembering him today. Reflecting on his passing, millions are asking, is he a saint? LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) -- ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Archaeologists discover Tabernacle that held the Ark HD Video
- A new coalition for Christian orthodoxy
- St. Pantaleon: Saint of the Day for Thursday, July 27, 2017
- Defrocked pedophile priest, convicted after 'Spotlight' ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, July 27, 2017
- A victory for Christianity - President Trump bans transgenderism in ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Shut off? What happened to the Vatican water supply! HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 27th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis is set for something big, but what is it? HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 26th, 2017 HD