Benedictine abbot-founder, sometimes called Leutfrid, Leufroi, or Leufroy. Born near Evreux, France, he studied at Condat and Chartres, and then became a teacher of young boys at Evreux. Eventually he became a hermit at Cailly and at Rouen, under St. Sidonius. About 690, he founded La Croix-Saint-Qu'en Abbey, later called Saint-Leufroy.
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Cyril of Alexandria, Bishop and Doctor of the Church (June 27) Cyril was born at Alexandria, Egypt. He was nephew of the patriarch of that city, Theophilus. Cyril received a classical and ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Gianna Beretta Molla was an Italian pediatrician born in Magenta in the Kingdom of Italy on October 4, 1922. She was the tenth of thirteen children in her family. At three-years-old, Gianna and her family moved to Bergamo, and she grew up in the Lombardy region of ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
When Alfred Bessette came to the Holy Cross Brothers in 1870, he carried with him a note from his pastor saying, "I am sending you a saint." The Brothers found that difficult to believe. Chronic stomach pains had made it impossible for Alfred to hold a job very long ... continue reading
Feastday: September 20 The evangelization of Korea began during the 17th century through a group of lay persons. A strong vital Christian community flourished there under lay leadership until missionaries arrived from the Paris Foreign Mission Society. During ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Terrorists using Christians as sex slaves and human shields in the ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD Video
- How decaf coffee destroyed the ozone layer, you monsters
- Cyber-attack hitting USA right now, experts fear could turn deadly in ...
- New social media algorithm can predict the future
- St. Irenaeus: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD