Bl. John of Korea
Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Martyr of Japan. The son of Blessed Anthony of Korea and Blessed Mary, he was beheaded at Nagasaki at the age of twelve.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Generations of Catholics have admired this young saint, called her the "Little Flower", and found in her short life more inspiration for their own lives than in volumes by theologians. Yet Therese died when she was 24, after having lived as cloistered Carmelite ... continue readingMore Female Saints
"I prefer death in Christ Jesus to power over the farthest limits of the earth. He who died in place of us is the one object of my quest. He who rose for our sakes is my one desire." In 107, during the reign of the brutal Emperor Trajan, this holy Bishop was ... continue reading
Ignatius was the son of a poor farmer in Laconi, Italy. He was born on December 17, 1701. When he was about seventeen, he became very ill. He promised to be a Franciscan if he would get better. But when the illness left him, his father convinced him to wait. A couple ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- BREAKING: Terror attack in Barcelona leaves at least 13 dead, dozens ...
- The Virgin Mary wants your selfies! One parish's work to honor the ...
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ...
- Article V could be invoked. Here's what you need to know about it HD ...
- St. Clare of Montefalco: Saint of the Day for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Massive mudslide in Sierra Leone impacts 9,000 people, Catholic ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, August 19th, 2017 HD
- Pro-life wins in Texas with new law to protect religious freedom and the unborn HD
- Should history be rewritten to appease the angry? HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, August 18th, 2017 HD