Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Spanish virgin martyr honored by poet Prudentius and sometimes called Encratis, Encratide, or Engracia. She was a native of Saragossa, Spain, and was caught up in the persecution of that era. She was tortured but survived her ordeal.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Saint Catherine of Alexandria is a canonized saint in the Catholic Church who, per Christian tradition, was martyred around 305 in Alexandria, Egypt. Of course, the Church of the first Millennium was undivided. She is also recognized as the Great Martyr and Saint by ... continue readingMore Female Saints
St. Clare of Assisi was born in Assisi on July 16, 1194, as Chiara Offreduccio, the beautiful eldest daughter of Favorino Sciffi, Count of Sasso-Rosso and his wife Ortolana. Tradition says her father was a wealthy representative of an ancient Roman family and her ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
by Catholic Online
- The Virgin Mary wants your selfies! One parish's work to honor the ...
- Massive mudslide in Sierra Leone impacts 9,000 people, Catholic ...
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ...
- St. Clare of Montefalco: Saint of the Day for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Daily Readings for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- BREAKING: Terror attack in Barcelona leaves at least 13 dead, dozens ...
- Article V could be invoked. Here's what you need to know about it HD ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, August 19th, 2017 HD
- Pro-life wins in Texas with new law to protect religious freedom and the unborn HD
- Should history be rewritten to appease the angry? HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, August 18th, 2017 HD
The Encyclical Letter of the Holy Father Francis
The Encyclical Letter of the Holy Father Francis - Laudato ... @ $0.00