Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Irish or Scottish martyr, also called Eloff. He was martyred in Toul, France. His relics were enshrined in Cologne, Germany, in the tenth century.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Archdeacon and companion of St. Donatus. Andrew and his sister, St. Bridget the Younger, were born in Ireland of noble parents.They were educated by St. Donatus, and when Donatus went on a pilgrimage ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Little is known about the life of St. Philomena. However, it is believed she was a Greek princess who became a virgin martyr and died at 13-years-old. Remains of a young lady were discovered in May 1802 at the Catacombs of Priscilla on the Via Salaria Nova with three ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Catherine of Siena was born during the outbreak of the plague in Siena, Italy on March 25, 1347. She was the 25th child born to her mother, although half of her brothers and sisters did not survive childhood. Catherine herself was a twin, but her sister did not ... continue reading
In the fourth century a Greek religious romance on the Loves of Cecilia and Valerian was written in glorification of virginal life with the purpose of taking the place of then-popular sensual romances. Consequently, until better evidence is produced, we must conclude ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Jerry Lewis passes away at 91, was most proud of his family HD Video
- 'Annabelle: Creation': Catholic Exorcist discusses power of hit ...
- 'A Sign of the Times': A warning against 'expelling incoming ...
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- St. Andrew the Scot: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian ...
- Statue of St. Serra vandalized, are Christian crosses next?
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017 HD
- Mother shares tragic photo of dying daughter as she pulled the plug on her life support HD
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD