St. Bruno Seronkuma
Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
A martyr of Uganda. Bruno was a soldier of the Ugandan King Mwanga and was baptized on November 18, 1885. A few weeks later, Bruno was burned alive for his conversion.
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Januarius was born in Italy and was bishop of Benevento during the Emperor Diocletion persecution. Bishop Januarius went to visit two deacons and two laymen in prison. He was then also imprison ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Frances Xavier Cabrini was born as Maria Francesca Cabrini on July 15, 1850 in Sant' Angelo Lodigiano, Lombardy, Italy. She was born two months premature and the youngest of thirteen children. Unfortunately, only three of her siblings survived past adolescence and ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Benedict is believed to have been born around 480, as the son to a Roman noble of Norcia and the twin to his sister, Scholastica. In the fifth century, the young Benedict was sent to Rome to finish his education with a nurse/housekeeper. The subject that ... continue reading
There is a saint called Benedict the Black or Benedict the Moor. He was born a slave near Messina, Italy. He was freed by his master and became a solitary, eventually settling with other hermits at Montepellegrino. He was made superior of the community, but when he was ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Philippine Army rescues Fr. Chito! Terrorists are surrendering in ...
- Another priest rescued from ISIS! Philippine Army rescues 'Fr. Chito' ...
- Here's how Catholic Online is going to change your life, starting NOW!
- Planet Niburu: what's going to happen on September 23?
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- St. Januarius: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 20th, 2017 HD Video
- Catholic Online Presents HD
- Terrorist at large! London attack injures 22, more attacks could happen HD
- A special message from Fr. Tom to all who prayed for his release HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 19th, 2017 HD