St. Benilde Romancon
Christian Brother. He was born in Thuret, France, on June 13,1805, christened Peter. Re studied with the Christian Brothers at Riom, and entered the congregation in 1820, taking the name Benilde. He was the superior of the congregation's school at Billom and founded a school at Sauges in 1841. He was known as an outstanding teacher. He was canonized by Pope Paul VI in 1967.
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Bartholomew, 1st. century, one of the 12. All that is known of him with certainty is that he is mentioned in the synoptic gospels and Acts as one of the twelve apostles. His name, a ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Bernadette was born in Lourdes, France on January 7, 1844. Her parents were very poor and she was the first of nine children. She was baptized at St. Pierre's, the local parish church, on January 9. As a toddler, Bernadette contracted cholera and suffered extreme ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Ava was the daughter of King Pepin. She was cured of blindness by St. Rainfredis, became a Benedictine nun at Dinart, Hainault, and later was elected Abbess. Her feast day is April 29th. continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Priest admits to being former member of KKK, and speaks out about his ...
- St. Bartholomew: Saint of the Day for Thursday, August 24, 2017
- Forget Winter, Recession is Coming
- In Barcelona, a church responded to a terrorist attack by opening its ...
- As terrorists attacked, one church opened its doors. Here's what ...
- Archbishop reveals a surprise about Medjugorje HD Video
- Daily Readings for Thursday, August 24, 2017
- Trump announces new Afghan strategy - do we get to win this time? HD
- Does the Aug 21 eclipse spell doom for humanity? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 24th, 2017 HD
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian waters HD