St. Anthony Peter Dich
Martyr of Vietnam. He was a native of Vietnam, a farmer who was beheaded for sheltering a priest, St. James Nam. Anthony was canonized in 1988.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Much of what we know about St. Mark, the author of the Second Gospel, comes largely from the New Testament and early Christian traditions. Mark the Evangelist is believed to be the 'John Mark' ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Abigail, more commonly known as St. Gobnait or Deborah, was a medieval Irish saint born around the 6th century in County Clare, Ireland. According to tradition, Abigail's family was always feuding. This caused her to run away from home to settle on Inis Oirr in ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Jerome Emiliani lay chained in the dark dirty dungeon. Only a short time before he had been a military commander for Venice in charge of a fortress. He didn't care much about God because he didn't need him -- he had his own strength and the strength of his soldiers and ... continue reading
St. Joan de Lestonnac was born in Bordeaux, France, in 1556. She married at the age of seventeen. The happy marriage produced four children, but her husband died suddenly in 1597. After her children were raised, she entered the Cistercian monastery at Toulouse. Joan ... continue reading
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
The most kids know of St. Patrick 's Day is that you must wear green or you'll get a pinch from your friends. Adults see the day as an occasion to celebrate, sometimes with green beer and other assorted alcoholic beverages. However, few really know what they are ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- St. Mark: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- Day 4 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- Hypocrite millennial terrorists who live with their parents want guns ...
- Cherokee Nation sues drug distributors while CDC claims opioid deaths ...
- Day 5 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- Stunned historians discover a second handwritten, parchment copy of ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, April 26th, 2017 HD
- France's Presidential Runoff: Another choice between a nationalist and a globalist HD
- Day 3 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 2 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
The Encyclical Letter of the Holy Father Francis
The Encyclical Letter of the Holy Father Francis - Laudato ... @ $0.00
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.