Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Martyr in Palestine, with St. Aponius. The two were caught up in a persecution started instigated by King Herod Antipas against the Nazarene community of Jerusalem. St. James the Greater, or Elder, was also beheaded in this persecution.
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Januarius was born in Italy and was bishop of Benevento during the Emperor Diocletion persecution. Bishop Januarius went to visit two deacons and two laymen in prison. He was then also imprison ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Agnes of Rome was born in 291 AD and raised in a Christian family. Agnes was very beautiful and belonged to a wealthy family. Her hand in marriage was highly sought after, and she had many high ranking men chasing after her. However, Agnes made a promise to God ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Fina or Seraphina, Virgin A.D. 1253 The old town of San Geminiano in Tuscany treasures with special veneration the memory of Santa Fina, a young girl whose claim to be recognized as a saint lay in the perfect resignation with which she accepted bodily suffering. ... continue reading
He was the son of an artisan and a lady of the Irish royal court. Born in Connaught, Ireland, and baptized Lochan, he was educated at Kilmacahil, Kilkenny, where the monks named him Fionnbharr (white head) because of his light hair; he is also known as Bairre and Barr. ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- St. Januarius: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, September 21st, 2017 HD Video
- Another priest rescued from ISIS! Philippine Army rescues 'Fr. Chito' ...
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- Here's how Catholic Online is going to change your life, starting NOW!
- Officials: 'Evacuate or die' as Cat 5 Maria closes on Puerto Rico
- Planet Niburu: What's going to happen on September 23?
- Another priest rescued from ISIS! Philippine Army rescues 'Fr. Chito' HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 20th, 2017 HD
- Catholic Online Presents HD
- Terrorist at large! London attack injures 22, more attacks could happen HD