St. Amor of Aquitaine
Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Hermit and founder of Munsterbilsen convent in Liege, Belgium. Also called Amour, he was born in Aquitaine, and lived as a hermit in Maastricht, Belgium.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Saint Birgitta was the daughter of Uppland's Lagman, Birger Petersson and his wife, Ingeborg, who was a member of the same clan as the reigning family. Birgitta's family was pious; her father went to ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Brigid was born Brigit, and shares a name with a Celtic goddess from whom many legends and folk customs are associated. There is much debate over her birthparents, but it is widely believed her mother was Brocca, a Christian baptized by Saint Patrick, and her ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Benedict is believed to have been born around 480, as the son to a Roman noble of Norcia and the twin to his sister, Scholastica. In the fifth century, the young Benedict was sent to Rome to finish his education with a nurse/housekeeper. The subject that ... continue reading
There is a saint called Benedict the Black or Benedict the Moor. He was born a slave near Messina, Italy. He was freed by his master and became a solitary, eventually settling with other hermits at Montepellegrino. He was made superior of the community, but when he was ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- St. John Boste: Saint of the Day for Monday, July 24, 2017
- Daily Readings for Monday, July 24, 2017
- We all have EVIL in us!: Pope Francis makes strong statement ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Why are all these Catholic women coming to New Mexico?
- 'Social Cleansing': Is Philippines President Duterte guilty of human ...
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 HD
- Deadbeat Republicans, do your job or GET OUT! HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD