A Wake-Up Call - Angel Stories
By: Kathryn Adriano
Location: Sonora CA USA
In just a few days school would start, ending a summer of leisurely mornings and sleeping in. I asked my Guardian Angel to please help me get up earlier in order to "ween" myself into the new school year of 6:00 am risings.
The next morning I became vaguely aware of my female shepherd pounding my side of the bed with her chin, something she used to do when she had an urgent need to go out, but hadn't done for at least four or five years. In my still sleepy condition, I didn't respond and began to sink back into a deep sleep.
Suddenly, I heard my name called out loud. "Kathy," the voice called. I immediately opened my eyes, and, wide awake, looked at the clock. It was 9:00--two hours earlier than I had been used to getting up. My dog was still at my bedside, and as soon as I was up, she went out into the living room. I opened the door for her, thinking she needed to go out because of the way she had pounded my bed, but she just lay there calmly, on the rug.
I knew then that my Guardian Angel had awakened me with the help of my dog. The voice I had heard was clear but neither distinctly male nor female, and I can still hear my name, "Kathy...," being called out to me. My Angel was answering my prayer to begin getting up earlier in order to be ready for school. This was the best wake-up call I have ever received!
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 301 - 328 of 328
- My Angel, by Jerry Wallace
- A Wake-Up Call, by Kathryn Adriano
- Just relax!, by Maureen Moore
- Everything will be alright, by John May
- Josephina, by Anonymous
- guardian angel, by B. Baptiste
- My Grandmother's Grave, by Michelle Brylowska
- My mom came to see her grandson for the first time, by Dawn Gudat
- Joan of arc, by Meagan Kaminski
- Two Angels in one day, by Trina Moore
- Dreams, by Michelle Vargas
- I believe, by Samantha Wynkoop
- no title, by Anonymous
- Ignatius, by Theresa Smaroff
- God's Will, by Jennifer Martin
- Grandfather as an angel, by Kathleen Liner
- Homeless Angel, by Angela Ohanian
- An Angel in my Kitchen, by Joycelyn Smith
- Angels are Everywhere, by Jaci Tron
- Four Wheel Drive Angels, by John Haas
- Angels in the Train Station, by C. E.
- Someone has saved me!, by Mary Leeneth Lauron
- Angel Couple, by Randy Rodriguez
- Not my time, by FIONA MALONEY
- no title, by Christina Song
- One night, by Christian Elizalde
- Police Officer's Partner, by Alfredo Lopez
- An Angel's Message of Warning, by Joan Fowler
Saint Feast Days by Month
Much of what we know about St. Mark, the author of the Second Gospel, comes largely from the New Testament and early Christian traditions. Mark the Evangelist is believed to be the 'John Mark' ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Little is known of St. Philomena's life and she is the only Saint to have revealed her story via private revelation. She was martyred at about 14-years-old in the early days of the Church. In 1802 the remains of a young woman were found in the catacomb of Saint ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Artaldus (also called Arthaud) was born in the castle of Sothonod in Savoy. At the age of eighteen, he went to the court of Duke Amadeus III, but a year or two after, he became a Carthusian at Portes. After many years, being a priest and an experienced and holy ... continue reading
St. Augustine of Hippo is the patron of brewers because of his conversion from a former life of loose living, which included parties, entertainment, and worldly ambitions. His complete turnaround and conversion has been an inspiration to many who struggle with a ... continue reading
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
The most kids know of St. Patrick 's Day is that you must wear green or you'll get a pinch from your friends. Adults see the day as an occasion to celebrate, sometimes with green beer and other assorted alcoholic beverages. However, few really know what they are ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, April 26th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Mark: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- What 2017 releases will YOU watch this summer? - A FULL LIST of ...
- The Blessed Virgin or the Samaritan woman at the well? Ancient ...
- Day 4 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- Scientists discover a scary Antarctic mystery - how worried should we be?
- France's Presidential Runoff: Another choice between a nationalist and a globalist HD
- Day 3 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 2 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 1 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.