A Wake-Up Call - Angel Stories
By: Kathryn Adriano
Location: Sonora CA USA
In just a few days school would start, ending a summer of leisurely mornings and sleeping in. I asked my Guardian Angel to please help me get up earlier in order to "ween" myself into the new school year of 6:00 am risings.
The next morning I became vaguely aware of my female shepherd pounding my side of the bed with her chin, something she used to do when she had an urgent need to go out, but hadn't done for at least four or five years. In my still sleepy condition, I didn't respond and began to sink back into a deep sleep.
Suddenly, I heard my name called out loud. "Kathy," the voice called. I immediately opened my eyes, and, wide awake, looked at the clock. It was 9:00--two hours earlier than I had been used to getting up. My dog was still at my bedside, and as soon as I was up, she went out into the living room. I opened the door for her, thinking she needed to go out because of the way she had pounded my bed, but she just lay there calmly, on the rug.
I knew then that my Guardian Angel had awakened me with the help of my dog. The voice I had heard was clear but neither distinctly male nor female, and I can still hear my name, "Kathy...," being called out to me. My Angel was answering my prayer to begin getting up earlier in order to be ready for school. This was the best wake-up call I have ever received!
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 301 - 328 of 328
- My Angel, by Jerry Wallace
- A Wake-Up Call, by Kathryn Adriano
- Just relax!, by Maureen Moore
- Everything will be alright, by John May
- Josephina, by Anonymous
- guardian angel, by B. Baptiste
- My Grandmother's Grave, by Michelle Brylowska
- My mom came to see her grandson for the first time, by Dawn Gudat
- Joan of arc, by Meagan Kaminski
- Two Angels in one day, by Trina Moore
- Dreams, by Michelle Vargas
- I believe, by Samantha Wynkoop
- no title, by Anonymous
- Ignatius, by Theresa Smaroff
- God's Will, by Jennifer Martin
- Grandfather as an angel, by Kathleen Liner
- Homeless Angel, by Angela Ohanian
- An Angel in my Kitchen, by Joycelyn Smith
- Angels are Everywhere, by Jaci Tron
- Four Wheel Drive Angels, by John Haas
- Angels in the Train Station, by C. E.
- Someone has saved me!, by Mary Leeneth Lauron
- Angel Couple, by Randy Rodriguez
- Not my time, by FIONA MALONEY
- no title, by Christina Song
- One night, by Christian Elizalde
- Police Officer's Partner, by Alfredo Lopez
- An Angel's Message of Warning, by Joan Fowler
Saint Feast Days by Month
The writings of St. Irenaeus entitle him to a high place among the fathers of the Church, for they not only laid the foundations of Christian theology but, by exposing and refuting the errors of the ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Catherine of Bologna was an Italian nun and artist born as Catherine de' Vigri on September 8, 1413 in Bologna, Italy. She was the member of an aristocratic family and the daughter of a diplomat to the Marquis of Ferrara. Catherine received a wonderful education ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
As a young lay woman in Coesfeld, Germany, Anne Catherine Emmerick, employed as a seamstress, daily attended Mass, visited the Blessed Sacrament, and in the late evening spent hour upon hour praying on her knees. Around midnight, she would leave her home to make the ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Could man who destroyed Ten Commandments monument be possessed?
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 30th, 2017 HD Video
- Waymo announces self driving trucks, industry close to shifting
- Daily Readings for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- St. Peter: Saint of the Day for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- Mafia responds to Pope Francis' suggestion they be excommunicated HD ...
- ISIS sex slave forced to EAT her COOKED one-year-old BABY
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 29th, 2017 HD
- Terrorists using Christians as sex slaves and human shields in the Philippines HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD