A Wake-Up Call - Angel Stories
By: Kathryn Adriano
Location: Sonora CA USA
In just a few days school would start, ending a summer of leisurely mornings and sleeping in. I asked my Guardian Angel to please help me get up earlier in order to "ween" myself into the new school year of 6:00 am risings.
The next morning I became vaguely aware of my female shepherd pounding my side of the bed with her chin, something she used to do when she had an urgent need to go out, but hadn't done for at least four or five years. In my still sleepy condition, I didn't respond and began to sink back into a deep sleep.
Suddenly, I heard my name called out loud. "Kathy," the voice called. I immediately opened my eyes, and, wide awake, looked at the clock. It was 9:00--two hours earlier than I had been used to getting up. My dog was still at my bedside, and as soon as I was up, she went out into the living room. I opened the door for her, thinking she needed to go out because of the way she had pounded my bed, but she just lay there calmly, on the rug.
I knew then that my Guardian Angel had awakened me with the help of my dog. The voice I had heard was clear but neither distinctly male nor female, and I can still hear my name, "Kathy...," being called out to me. My Angel was answering my prayer to begin getting up earlier in order to be ready for school. This was the best wake-up call I have ever received!
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 301 - 328 of 328
- My Angel, by Jerry Wallace
- A Wake-Up Call, by Kathryn Adriano
- Just relax!, by Maureen Moore
- Everything will be alright, by John May
- Josephina, by Anonymous
- guardian angel, by B. Baptiste
- My Grandmother's Grave, by Michelle Brylowska
- My mom came to see her grandson for the first time, by Dawn Gudat
- Joan of arc, by Meagan Kaminski
- Two Angels in one day, by Trina Moore
- Dreams, by Michelle Vargas
- I believe, by Samantha Wynkoop
- no title, by Anonymous
- Ignatius, by Theresa Smaroff
- God's Will, by Jennifer Martin
- Grandfather as an angel, by Kathleen Liner
- Homeless Angel, by Angela Ohanian
- An Angel in my Kitchen, by Joycelyn Smith
- Angels are Everywhere, by Jaci Tron
- Four Wheel Drive Angels, by John Haas
- Angels in the Train Station, by C. E.
- Someone has saved me!, by Mary Leeneth Lauron
- Angel Couple, by Randy Rodriguez
- Not my time, by FIONA MALONEY
- no title, by Christina Song
- One night, by Christian Elizalde
- Police Officer's Partner, by Alfredo Lopez
- An Angel's Message of Warning, by Joan Fowler
Saint Feast Days by Month
Archdeacon and companion of St. Donatus. Andrew and his sister, St. Bridget the Younger, were born in Ireland of noble parents.They were educated by St. Donatus, and when Donatus went on a pilgrimage ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Elizabeth of Hungary, also known as St. Elizabeth of Thuringia, was born in Hungary on July 7, 1207 to the Hungarian King Andrew II and Gertrude of Merania. As soon as her life began, she had responsibilities from being a royal pressed upon her. While Elizabeth ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
In the fourth century a Greek religious romance on the Loves of Cecilia and Valerian was written in glorification of virginal life with the purpose of taking the place of then-popular sensual romances. Consequently, until better evidence is produced, we must conclude ... continue reading
Cecilia Yu So-sa was born in Seoul, , in 1761. Cecilia was a married woman, her children were the Saints Hasang Paul Chong and Jung Hye. When Cecilia was widowed, she was deprived of all her possessions and imprisoned because of her Christian faith. Twelve times she ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Here are four martyrs who died, protecting the seal of confession
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- Trump announces new Afghan strategy - do we get to win this time? HD ...
- New research shows global warming is not your fault. Here's why
- Does the Aug 21 eclipse spell doom for humanity? HD Video
- St. Philip Benizi: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- Cultured meats coming to a store near you in 2018
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 24th, 2017 HD
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian waters HD
- Jerry Lewis passes away at 91, was most proud of his family HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017 HD