Four Wheel Drive Angels - Angel Stories
By: John Haas
Location: Memphis TN USA
It was in December, somewhere between 1983 Christmas and The New Year [ the Solemnity of Mary ], and I was driving my wife's car. The ice on the streets was of Olympic game quality.
I was well familiar with driving on snow and ice and was always able to pull out of any problem.
I soon found an exception. A motorist pulled out across an intersection in my path which forced me to take evasive action. I avoided hitting that person, (he actually watched me headed for trouble and left) but as a result of my sudden correction, I slid onto a slippery slope at the road's edge.
I struggled and fought the slope but eventually I gently slid into a ditch at the roadside some ten feet below the level of the road. I was not hurt, nor was the car even damaged. I was, however, profoundly stuck. There was no driving out of this one! I sat in the car, some six years before the era of cell phones, pondering my plight. I had been there for about twenty minutes, still without a solution. I heard a voice coming up above me from the road. There were two men in an old red Ford Four-wheel-drive Pickup truck.
One of them yelled down to me. "Are you alright?"
I answered affirmatively.
He asked, "What are you doing down there?"
I responded, "Well, things looked rather interesting down here, so I thought I'd come down for a closer look."
I heard some distant talking and laughter coming from within the truck.
He asked, '"Would you like for us to pull you out?"
I replied, "Sure, if you think you can do it. It's really slick around here"
With that they lowered a chain and one of them attached it to the frame of the car.
Amazingly, they had it up on the road in minutes!
"I really appreciate you guys" I declared and offered them a Twenty. I heard them decline it.
As I was reaching for the money I looked up from my billfold...and they were gone. The truck with the two "men" could not be seen or found.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 251 - 300 of 328
- The Ring of the Telephone, by Ellen Nipper
- Needed Help, by Ralph M
- Guardian Angel, by Maria
- When we think no one else , by Nancy Sonier
- no title, by Rene Schneider
- Long lost uncle, by Nicolette Karczewski
- God's Answer, by Ashley Nicole
- Saved by my Guardian Angel, by Diana
- My brother, by guadalupe guzman
- My Guardian Angels, by Angela Corcoran
- Protection from an Assailant, by Jill Winther
- our angels, by Kellie purser
- My babyboy Angel, by Yessenia Rivera
- An Angel Awakened Me, by Vonnie Deak
- Storm, by Chole
- The Feather Duster, by Lee Zelhart
- no title, by Anna G
- Gina, by Margaret Quigley
- My short moment of Peace, by Tiffany Lequerique
- Dabar the angel of the Lord, by Anne Smith
- An Answer to Cheer Me, by Christine Chiomento
- Wings of love, by Mike Fisher
- Life Saving Encounter, by Patricia White
- Great Grandfather, by Michael Casey
- I'll Always Love You, I'll Never Leave You, by Elva Herrera
- We Were Both Ready, by Sophie
- Supportive Hug, by Debbie Schmidtke
- slow down, by virgen valentin
- marine angel, by Luis Trevino
- MY MOM, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Angel encounter, by Stephanie Fulton
- My salvation, by Michael yacques
- Army of Angels, by Roselia Nevarez
- A Healing Hand, by Dave Ludwick
- Watching over me, by Dick Baker
- Messages from Angels, by Marie Sanchez
- no title, by Maria
- Garrett's Angels, by Donna Benedict
- BELIEVE, by JESSICA CUEVAS
- The Voice, by Camilla O'Brien
- My husbands angel, by annabelle reiger
- Saved by an Angel, by John Wagner
- My Guardian Angel, by Brooke Yessa
- Three times a miracle, by Yamilet Mantecon
- A Tweed Coat, by Olivia Solomon
- His Angel or Mine, by sandra Reyna
- Two Angels, by kenneth briganti
- Last chance, by Kyle Gilmore
- Saving angel, by Helena del Pino
- Mom's Passing Gift, by Vicky Zuwala
Saint Feast Days by Month
Eusebius, born just a few years after Fabian's death, tells us how Fabian came to Rome after Pope Anteros died in 236. A layperson, and not a very important one, he may have come for the same reason ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Emma, also known as Emma of Lesum, or Emma of Stiepel, lived in the city that is Bremen today. She is the first female inhabitant of the city to be known by name. Emma lived in the early 11th century, and was born into the Immedinger family. The Immedingers were ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Saint Catherine of Alexandria is a canonized saint in the Catholic Church who, per Christian tradition, was martyred around 305 in Alexandria, Egypt. Of course, the Church of the first Millennium was undivided. She is also recognized as the Great Martyr and Saint by ... continue reading
St. Catherine was born in Florence in 1522. Her baptismal name was Alexandrina, but she took the name of Catherine upon entering religion. From her earliest infancy she manifested a great love of prayer, and in her sixth year, her father placed her in the convent of ... continue reading
By Antonio Anup Gonsalves (CNA)
For over four centuries, a historical and iconic miraculous statue of Jesus Christ carrying his Cross has become an emblem of passion, struggle and faith for Filipino Catholics. Manila, Philippines (CNA) - The life-size statue of Jesus is enshrined in the famous minor ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- St. Agnes: Saint of the Day for Sunday, January 21, 2018
- Science is transforming the pro-life debate for the better HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018 HD Video
- Cardinal Dolan asks the faithful to pray against 'powers of darkness' ...
- Most Americans want abortion restricted, if not outlawed
- 5 Things You Need To Know About 'Offering A Mass' For A Loved One
- Daily Readings for Sunday, January 21, 2018
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, January 21st, 2018 HD
- Jobless claims are down - what does that mean for workers? HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, January 20th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education