Four Wheel Drive Angels - Angel Stories
By: John Haas
Location: Memphis TN USA
It was in December, somewhere between 1983 Christmas and The New Year [ the Solemnity of Mary ], and I was driving my wife's car. The ice on the streets was of Olympic game quality.
I was well familiar with driving on snow and ice and was always able to pull out of any problem.
I soon found an exception. A motorist pulled out across an intersection in my path which forced me to take evasive action. I avoided hitting that person, (he actually watched me headed for trouble and left) but as a result of my sudden correction, I slid onto a slippery slope at the road's edge.
I struggled and fought the slope but eventually I gently slid into a ditch at the roadside some ten feet below the level of the road. I was not hurt, nor was the car even damaged. I was, however, profoundly stuck. There was no driving out of this one! I sat in the car, some six years before the era of cell phones, pondering my plight. I had been there for about twenty minutes, still without a solution. I heard a voice coming up above me from the road. There were two men in an old red Ford Four-wheel-drive Pickup truck.
One of them yelled down to me. "Are you alright?"
I answered affirmatively.
He asked, "What are you doing down there?"
I responded, "Well, things looked rather interesting down here, so I thought I'd come down for a closer look."
I heard some distant talking and laughter coming from within the truck.
He asked, '"Would you like for us to pull you out?"
I replied, "Sure, if you think you can do it. It's really slick around here"
With that they lowered a chain and one of them attached it to the frame of the car.
Amazingly, they had it up on the road in minutes!
"I really appreciate you guys" I declared and offered them a Twenty. I heard them decline it.
As I was reaching for the money I looked up from my billfold...and they were gone. The truck with the two "men" could not be seen or found.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 251 - 300 of 328
- The Ring of the Telephone, by Ellen Nipper
- Needed Help, by Ralph M
- Guardian Angel, by Maria
- When we think no one else , by Nancy Sonier
- no title, by Rene Schneider
- Long lost uncle, by Nicolette Karczewski
- God's Answer, by Ashley Nicole
- Saved by my Guardian Angel, by Diana
- My brother, by guadalupe guzman
- My Guardian Angels, by Angela Corcoran
- Protection from an Assailant, by Jill Winther
- our angels, by Kellie purser
- My babyboy Angel, by Yessenia Rivera
- An Angel Awakened Me, by Vonnie Deak
- Storm, by Chole
- The Feather Duster, by Lee Zelhart
- no title, by Anna G
- Gina, by Margaret Quigley
- My short moment of Peace, by Tiffany Lequerique
- Dabar the angel of the Lord, by Anne Smith
- An Answer to Cheer Me, by Christine Chiomento
- Wings of love, by Mike Fisher
- Life Saving Encounter, by Patricia White
- Great Grandfather, by Michael Casey
- I'll Always Love You, I'll Never Leave You, by Elva Herrera
- We Were Both Ready, by Sophie
- Supportive Hug, by Debbie Schmidtke
- slow down, by virgen valentin
- marine angel, by Luis Trevino
- MY MOM, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Angel encounter, by Stephanie Fulton
- My salvation, by Michael yacques
- Army of Angels, by Roselia Nevarez
- A Healing Hand, by Dave Ludwick
- Watching over me, by Dick Baker
- Messages from Angels, by Marie Sanchez
- no title, by Maria
- Garrett's Angels, by Donna Benedict
- BELIEVE, by JESSICA CUEVAS
- The Voice, by Camilla O'Brien
- My husbands angel, by annabelle reiger
- Saved by an Angel, by John Wagner
- My Guardian Angel, by Brooke Yessa
- Three times a miracle, by Yamilet Mantecon
- A Tweed Coat, by Olivia Solomon
- His Angel or Mine, by sandra Reyna
- Two Angels, by kenneth briganti
- Last chance, by Kyle Gilmore
- Saving angel, by Helena del Pino
- Mom's Passing Gift, by Vicky Zuwala
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Philip Neri was a Christian missionary and founder of the Congregation of the Oratory, a community of Catholic priests and lay brothers. He was born in Florence on July 21, 1515 as one of four ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Generations of Catholics have admired this young saint, called her the "Little Flower", and found in her short life more inspiration for their own lives than in volumes by theologians. Yet Therese died when she was 24, after having lived as cloistered Carmelite ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Benedict is believed to have been born around 480, as the son to a Roman noble of Norcia and the twin to his sister, Scholastica. In the fifth century, the young Benedict was sent to Rome to finish his education with a nurse/housekeeper. The subject that ... continue reading
There is a saint called Benedict the Black or Benedict the Moor. He was born a slave near Messina, Italy. He was freed by his master and became a solitary, eventually settling with other hermits at Montepellegrino. He was made superior of the community, but when he was ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- First US female genital mutilation case tries to use Religious ...
- 26 Coptic Christians dead after heinous attack HD Video
- St. Philip Neri: Saint of the Day for Friday, May 26, 2017
- Catholic Hostages: Filipino Cardinal prays for Islamic militants to ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, May 26, 2017
- 26 Coptic Christians BRUTALLY MURDERED on bus to St. Samuel Monastery ...
- A Big Thank You from JESUS IS - The Series HD Video
- Day 5 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 4 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 3 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.