Four Wheel Drive Angels - Angel Stories
By: John Haas
Location: Memphis TN USA
It was in December, somewhere between 1983 Christmas and The New Year [ the Solemnity of Mary ], and I was driving my wife's car. The ice on the streets was of Olympic game quality.
I was well familiar with driving on snow and ice and was always able to pull out of any problem.
I soon found an exception. A motorist pulled out across an intersection in my path which forced me to take evasive action. I avoided hitting that person, (he actually watched me headed for trouble and left) but as a result of my sudden correction, I slid onto a slippery slope at the road's edge.
I struggled and fought the slope but eventually I gently slid into a ditch at the roadside some ten feet below the level of the road. I was not hurt, nor was the car even damaged. I was, however, profoundly stuck. There was no driving out of this one! I sat in the car, some six years before the era of cell phones, pondering my plight. I had been there for about twenty minutes, still without a solution. I heard a voice coming up above me from the road. There were two men in an old red Ford Four-wheel-drive Pickup truck.
One of them yelled down to me. "Are you alright?"
I answered affirmatively.
He asked, "What are you doing down there?"
I responded, "Well, things looked rather interesting down here, so I thought I'd come down for a closer look."
I heard some distant talking and laughter coming from within the truck.
He asked, '"Would you like for us to pull you out?"
I replied, "Sure, if you think you can do it. It's really slick around here"
With that they lowered a chain and one of them attached it to the frame of the car.
Amazingly, they had it up on the road in minutes!
"I really appreciate you guys" I declared and offered them a Twenty. I heard them decline it.
As I was reaching for the money I looked up from my billfold...and they were gone. The truck with the two "men" could not be seen or found.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 251 - 300 of 328
- The Ring of the Telephone, by Ellen Nipper
- Needed Help, by Ralph M
- Guardian Angel, by Maria
- When we think no one else , by Nancy Sonier
- no title, by Rene Schneider
- Long lost uncle, by Nicolette Karczewski
- God's Answer, by Ashley Nicole
- Saved by my Guardian Angel, by Diana
- My brother, by guadalupe guzman
- My Guardian Angels, by Angela Corcoran
- Protection from an Assailant, by Jill Winther
- our angels, by Kellie purser
- My babyboy Angel, by Yessenia Rivera
- An Angel Awakened Me, by Vonnie Deak
- Storm, by Chole
- The Feather Duster, by Lee Zelhart
- no title, by Anna G
- Gina, by Margaret Quigley
- My short moment of Peace, by Tiffany Lequerique
- Dabar the angel of the Lord, by Anne Smith
- An Answer to Cheer Me, by Christine Chiomento
- Wings of love, by Mike Fisher
- Life Saving Encounter, by Patricia White
- Great Grandfather, by Michael Casey
- I'll Always Love You, I'll Never Leave You, by Elva Herrera
- We Were Both Ready, by Sophie
- Supportive Hug, by Debbie Schmidtke
- slow down, by virgen valentin
- marine angel, by Luis Trevino
- MY MOM, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Angel encounter, by Stephanie Fulton
- My salvation, by Michael yacques
- Army of Angels, by Roselia Nevarez
- A Healing Hand, by Dave Ludwick
- Watching over me, by Dick Baker
- Messages from Angels, by Marie Sanchez
- no title, by Maria
- Garrett's Angels, by Donna Benedict
- BELIEVE, by JESSICA CUEVAS
- The Voice, by Camilla O'Brien
- My husbands angel, by annabelle reiger
- Saved by an Angel, by John Wagner
- My Guardian Angel, by Brooke Yessa
- Three times a miracle, by Yamilet Mantecon
- A Tweed Coat, by Olivia Solomon
- His Angel or Mine, by sandra Reyna
- Two Angels, by kenneth briganti
- Last chance, by Kyle Gilmore
- Saving angel, by Helena del Pino
- Mom's Passing Gift, by Vicky Zuwala
Saint Feast Days by Month
Bishop and martyr, the father of St. Isaac the Great. A native of Armenia, he studied in Cappadocia and wed a princess who gave birth to Isaac. After she died, he served as a chamber lain in the ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Sts. Perpetua and Felicity were Christian martyrs who lived during the early persecution of the Church in Africa by the Emperor Severus. With details concerning the lives of many early martyrs unclear and often based on legend, we are fortunate to have the actual ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Agatha, also known as Agatha of Sicily, is one of the most highly venerated virgin martyrs of the Catholic Church. It is believed that she was born around 231 in either Catania or Palermo, Sicily to a rich and noble family. From her very early years, the notably ... continue reading
Abbess and model of the conventual life. Agnes was a friend of the poet Venantius Fortunatus, who visited her in the Holy Cross convent in Poitiers, France. Recognized for her holiness and intelligence, she was named abbess of the convent by St. Radegund, a princess ... continue reading
By (CNA News)
The sainthood cause for Lakota medicine man and Catholic catechist Nicholas Black Elk took another step forward today, as the U.S. bishops unanimously approved his canonical consultation. Baltimore, Md. (CNA/EWTN News) - The Nov. 14 voice vote of the bishops took place ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Do you know what the Church really says about Nuclear War?
- The Remarkable Story of an Underground Priest Living in China
- 'DEFEND the Pope!'
- Daily Reading for Monday, November 20th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Edmund Rich: Saint of the Day for Monday, November 20, 2017
- Daily Readings for Monday, November 20, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, November 21st, 2017 HD Video
- Catholics are sharing Christ's compassion. HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, November 19th, 2017 HD
- Did Pope Francis blast 'perverse attitude' of climate change deniers? HD
- Scientists warn: The end of life as we know it is near HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way