They came to take him home - Angel Stories
By: Elizabeth Conner-Ster
Location: Aviano Italy
My grandfather was sitting in his usual chair that night. My grandma was in the living room, watching her telivison program. It was late, and they would be getting ready to go to bed. My grandfather, who we called Ba, got up to go to the door. He looked out the window, and there was no one there. He sat back down, and continued to sit and do whatever he was doing. A few minutes later, he got up again, walked to the door, looked out the window and there was again no one there. He went to go sit back down.
Then he got up and went back to the door for the last time. He got up to go to the door, and as he turned around he fell to the ground.
The doctor said he died of a heart attack, perhaps a stroke. But the rest of us know, that it was the angels who came to get him and bring him home.
He knew they were comming, thats why he kept getting up, waiting for them. He would have let them in, and instead he let himself go with them.
Sixteen months later, he came to get my grandma. She had woke up in the morning, made herself breakfast and sat down to watch the morning news. She nodded off to sleep and met her husband of 58 years.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 201 - 250 of 329
- my angel was sent to save me, by Carlos Perez
- Car Trouble and Angels to Assist, by Suzie
- the bird encounter, by Connor Pierce
- Ball of Light, by A Smith
- My Mom's Nurse, by Linda Driskill
- Don't See and Believe, by Billy Cokit
- An angel heard my prayer, by Maria Cabral
- TIMOTHY, by RICHARD BURDITT JR
- My life was saved, by Amanda Theobald
- Angel Power, by Shirley Abuel
- Angel outside the Parish, by Abram Toa
- You Should Watch, by Christian Duguay
- How an angel saved my daughter, by Patricia Ten Eyck
- I am okay now, by Jessica Edwards
- An angel saved my life, by Vincent Parise
- They came to take him home, by Elizabeth Conner-Ster
- Driving with angels..., by Lori Leissner
- Angel with A White Beard, by Sam Ramirez
- Angel in Waiting, by Mike Seddon
- My angel brought me home, by Nena Sunico
- Thank you, by Julie Power
- Saved from ferocious dogs, by Roger Hayes
- Angel Abby, by Billy Fisher
- visit from an angel, by holly mora
- Saved from emotional hell, by Paul
- A Tall White Angel, by Noelia R. Cambero
- There is no doubt Angels are real, by sheree davenport
- The Power of the Rosary, by Rosalie Francaviglia
- World Trade Center Angels, by Roxanne Cintron
- Elaines Angles, by Margaret Graham
- An Angelic Appearence , by Sunaira Barkat
- Touched By An Angel, by Debra Sueper
- We are never alone, by Bonnie Franklin
- The faith of my Grandmother, by Daphne Hebert
- Angel of comfort, by Arlene Hiles
- I did not think of God at all until I saw my granddaddy, by lindsey stewart
- touched by an angel, by Tina Willis
- Watching My Back, by Amanda Joiner
- MOTHER'S ENCOUNTER WITH ANGELS, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Thoughts of My Angel!, by Marsha Neuschwanter
- Guardian Angel, by Michael Gomez
- My Aunt's Prayer, by valerie coranado
- Angel Mechanic, by Christine Clarke
- Angel at Bedtime, by Renee Woznesensky
- Erin, by Leigh Boyles
- The cook , by Robert Clements
- Long Hair, by Crystal Denney
- It's Mother Calling, by John Nichols
- Treasure our gifts, by Kim J.
- aNgeL sEnT bY God, by Ellaine Manansala
Saint Feast Days by Month
Abbot and miracle worker, called "the Wise." Born in Capua, Italy, he became a monk in Monte Cassino and was called to the attention of a Princess Aloara of the region. When she built a new ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Genevieve was a fair and courageous peasant girl who was born around 422 in Nanterre, France, to a man named Severus and a woman named Gerontia. When Genevieve was only seven-years-old, St. Germanus, Bishop of Auxerre visited Nanterre on his way to Britain. While ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Founder of the Franciscan Order, born at Assisi in Umbria, in 1181. In 1182, Pietro Bernardone returned from a trip to France to find out his wife had given birth to a son. Far from being excited or apologetic because he'd been gone, Pietro was furious because she'd ... continue reading
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
The most kids know of St. Patrick 's Day is that you must wear green or you'll get a pinch from your friends. Adults see the day as an occasion to celebrate, sometimes with green beer and other assorted alcoholic beverages. However, few really know what they are ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Friday, March 24, 2017
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD Video
- How much do you know about Mary, Queen of Heaven?
- Scientists discover a way to turn CO2 into methanol, could THIS be ...
- Oscar Romero's insides refused to decompose - Read what other amazing ...
- St. Aldemar: Saint of the Day for Friday, March 24, 2017
- What happened during the London terror attack? HD Video
- Pope Francis prays for Westminster terror attack victims HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 24th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Supreme court nominee faces tough questions on religious freedom during confirmation hearings HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.