An angel who came in a dream - Angel Stories
By: Janet Lachance
My daughter in law Maura lost her beloved mom on March 16, 2006.
The previous holiday season 2005 was a particularly joyous one, when my son Chris and his wife Maura announced that they were expecting their first child the following August. Sadly, my daughter-in-law suffered a miscarriage shortly after the announcement. We were all deeply saddened by the loss of this much-wanted baby. Maura's mom, Gerry, was alive then and she offered loving support to her daughter and my son, and helped immensely during their process of healing. When Gerry died unexpectedly on March 16, 2006 of cardiac arrest, the family was once again devastated.
Months after Gerry's death, I dreamed that she and I were dancing in a green field to the tune "Miracles" (by Jefferson Starship.) Gerry held a blonde, blue-eyed little boy as she danced. I recanted the dream to my daughter-in-law and son, detailing the fact that in the dream both Gerry and I were wearing flowing hippie-style shirts. I should mention that I actually own the peach-colored shirt that I was wearing in the dream, and that the morning after the dream, when I turned on my car radio, the song "Miracles" was playing.
Months later when the family was feeling stronger, Maura and her siblings went through their mom's belongings, and gathered some sweaters and shirts that they thought I might be able to wear. They delivered these to me at their next visit. I could hardly speak when I found the IDENTICAL shirt to my peach-colored one that I'd worn in the dream--the one Gerry was wearing, only in an ivory color. It was the same to the tiniest detail of embroidery, with two hearts intertwined on the back shoulders. The tags were still on it.
The following year, Chris and Maura again announced a pregnancy. This time, the pregnancy culminated in the birth of my beautiful grandson, Keegan. He is 17 months old now, and he is the blonde blue-eyed little toddler that Gerry was dancing with in my dream. I am sure of it.
We miss Gerry more than words. Three years ago today we lost her, but she found a better place, and she still comes to us with "miracles."
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 151 - 200 of 328
- Wrong place at the right time, by Kelly
- Almost Hit by a Trailer, by Judith G.
- Faith, by Belinda
- Angel at Concert, by John Green
- The lady with the glasses, by Diana
- War in Heaven, by Yohan ben Mich-el
- Angel visit after surgery, by Jen Duran
- Angels working overtime, by R. Norman
- A Miracle for Daddy, by DeNeen Grant Meyers
- An angel who came in a dream , by Janet Lachance
- A Cool Touch, by Forrest Walker
- Blow of an Angel, by May S. Pagkatipunan, Sta. Mesa Manila, Philippines
- A Voice Saved me, by Judith G.
- My Angel, by deb
- The family angel, by Julie Brown-Williams
- Healing in His Wings, by Lisa Twilley
- A rose from dad, by Maggie Castaneda
- life saver , by paul
- saved, by anon
- An angels blessing, by
- Angel In a Uniform, by LaVon Mauck
- ball of light, by mariadelosangeles
- BEAMING HAPPINESS, by abby
- stranded, by jtownbit
- Angel by my Side, by Nicolas Ramon
- Healing Miracle, by Evangelina
- Angel over my shoulder, by Kathleen Young
- My Angel, by Julia Ardon
- reassuring angel, by Maggie
- baby angel, by Michelle Gabrielle
- The Love of Christ, by j.t.
- Touch of a hand, by Therese Scott
- Angel in the light of God, by Sarah Brooks
- Curtain Call/ Top of the Mark, by ST Wein
- Choosing the Path, by Bill Hofmann
- Miss Jane, by Thomas M
- Angelic Eyes, by Daniel M.
- I think I was my guardian angel!, by Peggy Atatise
- My mother passed away but she still visits me, by Jonio Hernandez
- one call, by gloria barrera
- My beloved Dad is my Guardian Angel, by Rita Henry
- The Great Angel, by K. G.
- In the hands of my Guardian Angel, by Abiola Adelakun
- Hospital Angel, by Diane Mechling
- Angel Wings, by Maria Sanchez
- site of spirits, by John Tankersley
- Angels walk among us too., by Chaz Kraiza
- Saved by an angel, by Kevin Coyne
- A Lesson, by Rey Aranas
- my angel was sent to save me, by Carlos Perez
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. John was born at Capistrano, Italy in 1385, the son of a former German knight in that city. He studied law at the University of Perugia and practiced as a lawyer in the courts of Naples. King ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Empress mother of Constantine the Great. She was a native of Bithynia, who married the then Roman general Constantius I Chlorus about 270. Constantine was born soon after, and in 293, Constantius was made Caesar, or junior emperor. He divorced Helena to marry co ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Everything we know about the husband of Mary and the foster father of Jesus comes from Scripture and that has seemed too little for those who made up legends about him. We know he was a carpenter, a working man, for the skeptical Nazarenes ask about Jesus, "Is this ... continue reading
By Marshall Connolly (CALIFORNIA NETWORK)
Archaeologists suspect they have found the tomb of the actual saint behind Santa Claus. The saint, who was thought to be in Italy until now, may still be under the floor of a church in turkey. LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) -- The saint who would be known as ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Are you called to be a missionary? The answer is YES YOU ARE!
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, October 24, 2017
- St. Anthony Mary Claret: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, October 24, 2017
- Pope Francis speaks about putting God first and reality
- Day 2 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD Video
- Skeptic filmmaker explores demonic possession, admits it can be 'very ...
- Skeptic explores demonic possession, admits it can be 'very real' HD ...
- St Joseph
- ten commandments
- Pope Francis
- saint agnes
- St Anthony
- 10 commandments
- mary magdalene
- Patron saints
- st bernadette
- pope francis
- St. John
- holy spirit
- morning prayer
- Saint Elizabeth
- St. Augustine
- Saint Anne
- st agnes
- saint monica
- saint catherine
- Saint Lucy
- saint clare
- saint rose
- Day 1 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD
- Evil money - George Soros pays to start a revolution in America HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 25th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way