An angel who came in a dream - Angel Stories
By: Janet Lachance
My daughter in law Maura lost her beloved mom on March 16, 2006.
The previous holiday season 2005 was a particularly joyous one, when my son Chris and his wife Maura announced that they were expecting their first child the following August. Sadly, my daughter-in-law suffered a miscarriage shortly after the announcement. We were all deeply saddened by the loss of this much-wanted baby. Maura's mom, Gerry, was alive then and she offered loving support to her daughter and my son, and helped immensely during their process of healing. When Gerry died unexpectedly on March 16, 2006 of cardiac arrest, the family was once again devastated.
Months after Gerry's death, I dreamed that she and I were dancing in a green field to the tune "Miracles" (by Jefferson Starship.) Gerry held a blonde, blue-eyed little boy as she danced. I recanted the dream to my daughter-in-law and son, detailing the fact that in the dream both Gerry and I were wearing flowing hippie-style shirts. I should mention that I actually own the peach-colored shirt that I was wearing in the dream, and that the morning after the dream, when I turned on my car radio, the song "Miracles" was playing.
Months later when the family was feeling stronger, Maura and her siblings went through their mom's belongings, and gathered some sweaters and shirts that they thought I might be able to wear. They delivered these to me at their next visit. I could hardly speak when I found the IDENTICAL shirt to my peach-colored one that I'd worn in the dream--the one Gerry was wearing, only in an ivory color. It was the same to the tiniest detail of embroidery, with two hearts intertwined on the back shoulders. The tags were still on it.
The following year, Chris and Maura again announced a pregnancy. This time, the pregnancy culminated in the birth of my beautiful grandson, Keegan. He is 17 months old now, and he is the blonde blue-eyed little toddler that Gerry was dancing with in my dream. I am sure of it.
We miss Gerry more than words. Three years ago today we lost her, but she found a better place, and she still comes to us with "miracles."
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 151 - 200 of 328
- Wrong place at the right time, by Kelly
- Almost Hit by a Trailer, by Judith G.
- Faith, by Belinda
- Angel at Concert, by John Green
- The lady with the glasses, by Diana
- War in Heaven, by Yohan ben Mich-el
- Angel visit after surgery, by Jen Duran
- Angels working overtime, by R. Norman
- A Miracle for Daddy, by DeNeen Grant Meyers
- An angel who came in a dream , by Janet Lachance
- A Cool Touch, by Forrest Walker
- Blow of an Angel, by May S. Pagkatipunan, Sta. Mesa Manila, Philippines
- A Voice Saved me, by Judith G.
- My Angel, by deb
- The family angel, by Julie Brown-Williams
- Healing in His Wings, by Lisa Twilley
- A rose from dad, by Maggie Castaneda
- life saver , by paul
- saved, by anon
- An angels blessing, by
- Angel In a Uniform, by LaVon Mauck
- ball of light, by mariadelosangeles
- BEAMING HAPPINESS, by abby
- stranded, by jtownbit
- Angel by my Side, by Nicolas Ramon
- Healing Miracle, by Evangelina
- Angel over my shoulder, by Kathleen Young
- My Angel, by Julia Ardon
- reassuring angel, by Maggie
- baby angel, by Michelle Gabrielle
- The Love of Christ, by j.t.
- Touch of a hand, by Therese Scott
- Angel in the light of God, by Sarah Brooks
- Curtain Call/ Top of the Mark, by ST Wein
- Choosing the Path, by Bill Hofmann
- Miss Jane, by Thomas M
- Angelic Eyes, by Daniel M.
- I think I was my guardian angel!, by Peggy Atatise
- My mother passed away but she still visits me, by Jonio Hernandez
- one call, by gloria barrera
- My beloved Dad is my Guardian Angel, by Rita Henry
- The Great Angel, by K. G.
- In the hands of my Guardian Angel, by Abiola Adelakun
- Hospital Angel, by Diane Mechling
- Angel Wings, by Maria Sanchez
- site of spirits, by John Tankersley
- Angels walk among us too., by Chaz Kraiza
- Saved by an angel, by Kevin Coyne
- A Lesson, by Rey Aranas
- my angel was sent to save me, by Carlos Perez
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Bernard, Abbot and Doctor of the Church St. Bernard was born of noble parentage in Burgundy, France, in the castle of Fontaines near Dijon. Under the care of his pious parents he was sent at an ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Josephine Margaret Bakhita was born around 1869 in the village of Olgossa in the Darfur region of Sudan. She was a member of the Daju people and her uncle was a tribal chief. Due to her family lineage, she grew up happy and relatively prosperous, saying that as a ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Ansgar was born of a noble family near Amiens. He became a monk at Old Corbie monastery in Picardy and later at New Corbie in Westphalia. He accompanied King Harold to Denmark when the exiled King returned to his native land and engaged in missionary work there. ... continue reading
Two Greek philosophers ventured out into the Egyptian desert to the mountain where Anthony lived. When they got there, Anthony asked them why they had come to talk to such a foolish man? He had reason to say that -- they saw before them a man who wore a skin, who ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- St. Pius X: Saint of the Day for Monday, August 21, 2017
- Daily Readings for Monday, August 21, 2017
- Pro-Life win? Arkansas makes big moves against abortion-machine ...
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD Video
- Mother shares tragic photo of dying daughter as she pulled the plug ...
- 'IN OUR HEARTS WE BEAR THE PAIN' Pope Francis opens prayers for all ...
- Why have ONE MILLION South Sudanese people entered Uganda?
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, August 21st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, August 20th, 2017 HD
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ill Charlie HD