Curtain Call/ Top of the Mark - Angel Stories
By: ST Wein
Location: Wilmington, DE USA
Remember those little three step ladders that say, \"Don\'t Stand On This Top Step\"? Well, I did. I was all alone, trying to put curtain rods up in the sunroom of my \'rehabbed\' house to gain a little privacy. There was nothing to hold onto, no wall close enough and of course I couldn\'t lean on the Andersen windows. As I got to the forbidden step with both feet, unweildly curtain rod in one hand, hammer, nails and and bracket in the other, I started to fall forward. I saw the cement floor and various assorted unpacked boxes of junk coming toward me with rapid speed. I had reached a falling angle of about 45-degrees when suddenly my body was pushed back to a standing position on the little ladder, which I immediately dismounted and stood in back of; dumbfounded in disbelief, weeping, still holding the rod, hammer, nails and bracket.
A few nights later, I climbed the stairs to get to my bed. I had my midnight snack on a tray - some crackers, a pot of jam, a full glass of milk and I remember thinking I shouldn\'t have taken a full glass of milk, nor carried the full pot of jam because the tray was heavy and I had to use both hands to carry it. My age and physical condition are such that I should have been holding the railing, but that darn tray was so important, I used both hands. At the top step I lost my balance and started my forward falling trick again, but somehow was righted once again and not even a drop of milk was spilled. I reached my bed, sat down, started weeping again and thanked my angel for getting me there. Wouldn\'t you think my angel would tire of my stupidity? They are all very understanding, patient and kind.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 151 - 200 of 329
- Open My Eyes, by Marian Grace
- Wrong place at the right time, by Kelly
- Almost Hit by a Trailer, by Judith G.
- Faith, by Belinda
- Angel at Concert, by John Green
- The lady with the glasses, by Diana
- War in Heaven, by Yohan ben Mich-el
- Angel visit after surgery, by Jen Duran
- Angels working overtime, by R. Norman
- A Miracle for Daddy, by DeNeen Grant Meyers
- An angel who came in a dream , by Janet Lachance
- A Cool Touch, by Forrest Walker
- Blow of an Angel, by May S. Pagkatipunan, Sta. Mesa Manila, Philippines
- A Voice Saved me, by Judith G.
- My Angel, by deb
- The family angel, by Julie Brown-Williams
- Healing in His Wings, by Lisa Twilley
- A rose from dad, by Maggie Castaneda
- life saver , by paul
- saved, by anon
- An angels blessing, by
- Angel In a Uniform, by LaVon Mauck
- ball of light, by mariadelosangeles
- BEAMING HAPPINESS, by abby
- stranded, by jtownbit
- Angel by my Side, by Nicolas Ramon
- Healing Miracle, by Evangelina
- Angel over my shoulder, by Kathleen Young
- My Angel, by Julia Ardon
- reassuring angel, by Maggie
- baby angel, by Michelle Gabrielle
- The Love of Christ, by j.t.
- Touch of a hand, by Therese Scott
- Angel in the light of God, by Sarah Brooks
- Curtain Call/ Top of the Mark, by ST Wein
- Choosing the Path, by Bill Hofmann
- Miss Jane, by Thomas M
- Angelic Eyes, by Daniel M.
- I think I was my guardian angel!, by Peggy Atatise
- My mother passed away but she still visits me, by Jonio Hernandez
- one call, by gloria barrera
- My beloved Dad is my Guardian Angel, by Rita Henry
- The Great Angel, by K. G.
- In the hands of my Guardian Angel, by Abiola Adelakun
- Hospital Angel, by Diane Mechling
- Angel Wings, by Maria Sanchez
- site of spirits, by John Tankersley
- Angels walk among us too., by Chaz Kraiza
- Saved by an angel, by Kevin Coyne
- A Lesson, by Rey Aranas
Saint Feast Days by Month
Abbot and miracle worker, called "the Wise." Born in Capua, Italy, he became a monk in Monte Cassino and was called to the attention of a Princess Aloara of the region. When she built a new ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Sts. Perpetua and Felicity were Christian martyrs who lived during the early persecution of the Church in Africa by the Emperor Severus. With details concerning the lives of many early martyrs unclear and often based on legend, we are fortunate to have the actual ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Dymphna was born in Ireland sometime in the seventh century to a pagan father and devout Christian mother. When she was fourteen, she consecrated herself to Christ and took a vow of chastity. Soon afterward, her mother died and her father - who had loved his wife ... continue reading
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
The most kids know of St. Patrick 's Day is that you must wear green or you'll get a pinch from your friends. Adults see the day as an occasion to celebrate, sometimes with green beer and other assorted alcoholic beverages. However, few really know what they are ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- What happened during the London terror attack? HD Video
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Aldemar: Saint of the Day for Friday, March 24, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Friday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 24
- Daily Readings for Friday, March 24, 2017
- Outrage as Catholic University erected CROSSES on their own property ...
- Why is this 14-foot statue of Our Lady underwater?
- Pope Francis prays for Westminster terror attack victims HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 24th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Supreme court nominee faces tough questions on religious freedom during confirmation hearings HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.