PADRE PIO Miracle Man on the Big Screen in Front Royal, VA
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FRONT ROYAL, VA (October 2, 2009) - Thursday, October 15, 2009, Royal Cinemas in Front Royal will have a one time showing of Padre Pio: Miracle Man starring Sergio Castellitto in the title role. This event is sponsored by CatholicMil.org.
Released by Ignatius Press, PADRE PIO: Miracle Man is the award-winning dramatic portrayal of the twentieth-century priest and modern-day saint who bore the wounds of Christ and offered himself for an end to the World War. CatholicMil.org is one of the organizations in North America sponsoring an exclusive screening of this epic feature, as part of the ongoing Ignatius Night at the Movies series, on Thursday October 15, 2009 at 6:30pm. Tickets are $6 at the door.
PADRE PIO: Miracle Man is based on the extraordinary life of the famous and controversial Franciscan friar who bore the stigmata – the wounds of Christ – and is now a saint, canonized by Pope John Paul II in 2002. The film artfully and skillfully leads the viewer through the early childhood of Francesco Forgione, giving a glimpse into his supernatural connection with Jesus and Mary and his desire, at a very young age, to become a priest. Padre Pio’s humility, compassion, sharp wit, intense suffering and deep faith are expertly portrayed. The incredible miracles he performed are also highlighted and the film does not shy away from the portrayal of the persecution he suffered, even when it was at the hands of those in the Church. This beautifully inspirational film was the recipient of the AUDIENCE AWARD at the Los Angeles Italian Film Awards.
For more information, contact 540-551-5262 or online at www.CatholicMil.org
http://www.CatholicMil.org VA, 22630 US
Judy McCloskey - Director, 540 551-5262
Padre Pio, Saint, military Pietrelcina, Italian, movie, Front Royal, CatholicMil, veterans, October
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature
- New York, NY: Sat Sep 27th NYC Catholic Professionals Mass & Social
- Celebrate Christmas in Harvard Square
- Divine Mercy Saint Drama Comes to Williamsburg, Virginia
- America's First-Pro-Life Half Marathon/5K Set for Nov. 9