PADRE PIO Miracle Man on the Big Screen in Front Royal, VA
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FRONT ROYAL, VA (October 2, 2009) - Thursday, October 15, 2009, Royal Cinemas in Front Royal will have a one time showing of Padre Pio: Miracle Man starring Sergio Castellitto in the title role. This event is sponsored by CatholicMil.org.
Released by Ignatius Press, PADRE PIO: Miracle Man is the award-winning dramatic portrayal of the twentieth-century priest and modern-day saint who bore the wounds of Christ and offered himself for an end to the World War. CatholicMil.org is one of the organizations in North America sponsoring an exclusive screening of this epic feature, as part of the ongoing Ignatius Night at the Movies series, on Thursday October 15, 2009 at 6:30pm. Tickets are $6 at the door.
PADRE PIO: Miracle Man is based on the extraordinary life of the famous and controversial Franciscan friar who bore the stigmata – the wounds of Christ – and is now a saint, canonized by Pope John Paul II in 2002. The film artfully and skillfully leads the viewer through the early childhood of Francesco Forgione, giving a glimpse into his supernatural connection with Jesus and Mary and his desire, at a very young age, to become a priest. Padre Pio’s humility, compassion, sharp wit, intense suffering and deep faith are expertly portrayed. The incredible miracles he performed are also highlighted and the film does not shy away from the portrayal of the persecution he suffered, even when it was at the hands of those in the Church. This beautifully inspirational film was the recipient of the AUDIENCE AWARD at the Los Angeles Italian Film Awards.
For more information, contact 540-551-5262 or online at www.CatholicMil.org
http://www.CatholicMil.org VA, 22630 US
Judy McCloskey - Director, 540 551-5262
Padre Pio, Saint, military Pietrelcina, Italian, movie, Front Royal, CatholicMil, veterans, October
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards