Creighton University Listed in Top College Publication
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Omaha, NE (JULY 29, 2009) - Princeton Review, Inc., has listed Creighton University as one of the nation’s top 371 colleges and universities in its 2010 edition of the annual college guide published July 28.
The review features comments from more than 122,000 students and a two-page profile on each institution. Students say that Creighton “is a great Jesuit university focused on academics and creating well-rounded students.” One student said, “Students at Creighton learn to enjoy the process, rather than just the product.” “At Creighton students come first, and is as simple as that,” said a junior. Respondents noted that Creighton students are incredibly balanced in their work and play, and are “over-the-top involved with activities and community service while maintaining full academic loads.
Creighton’s 2009-2010 freshman class academic profile places the University in the top five for private Midwestern universities with enrollments of 4,000 or more and in the top 50 for private universities in the nation.
"Creighton exists for students and learning. We are pleased that students themselves are acknowledging our focus on providing students the complete package—academically, socially, culturally and spiritually,” said the Rev. John P. Schlegel, S.J., Creighton University president.
Only about 15 percent of the more than 3,500 colleges and universities nationwide plus two Canadian colleges were chosen for the book.
http://www.creighton.edu/ NE, 68178 US
Deborah Daley - PR Director, 402 280-1786
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel
- Cardinal Raymond Burke: Synod’s mid-term report ‘lacks a solid foundation in the Sacred Scriptures'
- Little Sisters of the Poor Receive Franciscan University’s Poverello Medal
- Bring Mary of Nazareth home
- 'Encounter Milwaukee' to Reach Catholic Young Adults
- Pray for a G20 leader a day