Understanding the Mass
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGO, IL (OCTOBER 10, 2008) - St. John Cantius Parish of Chicago is pleased to offer a course in Understanding the Mass free of charge. The course,open to the public, helps Catholics and non-Catholics alike to appreciate the depth of the Traditional Latin Mass (Extraordinary Form).
This course, offered periodically at the parish, guides the faithful through the use of the Latin-English Missal for the Traditional Latin Mass (Extraordinary Form).
Understanding the Mass will also assist the faithful to ďpray the MassĒ (Pope St. Pius X) with greater fervor, devotion and understanding. The spirituality of the Mass will be discussed as well as the history of the Sacred Liturgy.
The use of Gregorian Chant will be explained and the participants in the course will have the opportunity to learn to sing settings of the Gregorian Kyralie (Kyrie, Gloria, Credo, Sanctus, Agnus Dei). This most popular course is most beneficial toward a deeper spiritual penetration of the sacred mysteries of our Catholic faith.
Classes will be held in the parish hall on Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m.
October 1, 2009
October 8, 2009
October 15, 2009
October 22, 2009
October 29, 2009
Canons Regular of St John Cantius
http://www.cantius.org/go/classes/category/understanding_the_mass/ IL, 60642 US
Fr Scott Haynes - webmaster, 312 243 7373
Traditional Latin Mass, 1962
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Mediaís Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards
- Free listing of church music job openings on Facebook
- CMA doctors hail Supreme Court mandate ruling, decry ongoing targeting of faith community