Understanding the Mass
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGO, IL (OCTOBER 10, 2008) - St. John Cantius Parish of Chicago is pleased to offer a course in Understanding the Mass free of charge. The course,open to the public, helps Catholics and non-Catholics alike to appreciate the depth of the Traditional Latin Mass (Extraordinary Form).
This course, offered periodically at the parish, guides the faithful through the use of the Latin-English Missal for the Traditional Latin Mass (Extraordinary Form).
Understanding the Mass will also assist the faithful to “pray the Mass” (Pope St. Pius X) with greater fervor, devotion and understanding. The spirituality of the Mass will be discussed as well as the history of the Sacred Liturgy.
The use of Gregorian Chant will be explained and the participants in the course will have the opportunity to learn to sing settings of the Gregorian Kyralie (Kyrie, Gloria, Credo, Sanctus, Agnus Dei). This most popular course is most beneficial toward a deeper spiritual penetration of the sacred mysteries of our Catholic faith.
Classes will be held in the parish hall on Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m.
October 1, 2009
October 8, 2009
October 15, 2009
October 22, 2009
October 29, 2009
Canons Regular of St John Cantius
http://www.cantius.org/go/classes/category/understanding_the_mass/ IL, 60642 US
Fr Scott Haynes - webmaster, 312 243 7373
Traditional Latin Mass, 1962
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous
- Book Launch: The Church Under Attack
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus debuts at No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- Mission of Healing in Los Angeles
- Father Robert Reed to be Honored by the Boston Archdiocesan Choir School
- Father Michael Gaitley to Appear on The Gist
- Surfer Bear Woznick to Appear on the CatholicTV Network
- Mother Agnes Donovan, Superior General for the Sisters of Life, Delivering IPS Commencement Address
- Scott Hahn headlines May 25 seminar at Christ the King Parish, Lombard, IL