Understanding the Mass
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGO, IL (OCTOBER 10, 2008) - St. John Cantius Parish of Chicago is pleased to offer a course in Understanding the Mass free of charge. The course,open to the public, helps Catholics and non-Catholics alike to appreciate the depth of the Traditional Latin Mass (Extraordinary Form).
This course, offered periodically at the parish, guides the faithful through the use of the Latin-English Missal for the Traditional Latin Mass (Extraordinary Form).
Understanding the Mass will also assist the faithful to "pray the Mass" (Pope St. Pius X) with greater fervor, devotion and understanding. The spirituality of the Mass will be discussed as well as the history of the Sacred Liturgy.
The use of Gregorian Chant will be explained and the participants in the course will have the opportunity to learn to sing settings of the Gregorian Kyralie (Kyrie, Gloria, Credo, Sanctus, Agnus Dei). This most popular course is most beneficial toward a deeper spiritual penetration of the sacred mysteries of our Catholic faith.
Classes will be held in the parish hall on Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m.
October 1, 2009
October 8, 2009
October 15, 2009
October 22, 2009
October 29, 2009
Canons Regular of St John Cantius
http://www.cantius.org/go/classes/category/understanding_the_mass/ IL, 60642 US
Fr Scott Haynes - webmaster, 312 243 7373
Traditional Latin Mass, 1962
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS
- Thérèse Drama Surprises Audiences
- Catholic Press Association Honors Liguori
- Crosier Order elects master general and councilors
- Indie Catholic Authors June Ebook Sale Offers the Faithful 17 Books Outside the Mainstream
- World Library Publications Honored With Three Paul Revere Awards
- Limitless Love in Action: First Steubenville Youth Conference Inspires Teens to Bring the Fire Home
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Athletic Director Enshrined in Sports Faith Hall of Fame
- AWARD-WINNING CATHOLIC AUTHORS TEAM-UP TO PROMOTE HEALING THROUGH FORGIVENESS
- NY CONCERT FOR NEPAL 5/31