Largest Medical Missions Conference in the World
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BRISTOL, TN (November 5, 2007) — Global Missions Health Conference, the largest medical missions conference in the world, will be held for the 12th year in Louisville, KY at Southeast Christian Church, November 8-10th.
The goal of the conference is to provide a forum for networking, training and strategizing how to better carry out the Great Commission and a place for recruiting the next generation of healthcare missionaries.
“Considering that 40 percent of hospital beds in Africa are located in mission facilities, there is a tremendous need for medical missionaries to provide care in that HIV and war ravaged continent. This conference provides direction and preparation for those who are just beginning this journey and for missionary veterans who are interested in enhancing their ministry,” states David Stevens, MD, CEO of Christian Medical & Dental Associations.
This year’s speakers include: David Stevens, MD, who served on the mission field for 11 years at Tenwek Hospital in Kenya, Africa; Steve Saint, the son of Nate Saint, who was killed in 1956 when an Amazon tribe attacked him along with four other missionaries; Eli Catacunga, a Ticuna tribesman from the Amazon and Senior Africa Director of MAP International Peter Okaalet, MD.
“The challenges medical missionaries face are tremendous from providing preventative and curative care to meeting the physical, spiritual and social needs while finding resources, developing partnerships and overcoming barriers. The Global Missions Health Conference provides solutions for missionaries working in challenging environments,” added Stevens.
In November 2000, Christian Medical & Dental Associations jointly sponsored and spearheaded an effort to bring a wide variety of ministries together for an annual medical missions conference with Southeast Christian Church. This first meeting provided 40 workshops and was attended by 800 participants. Seven years later the conference has grown with nearly 150 exhibitors from around the world, co-sponsored by nine ministries and 70 workshops. And close to 3,000 people are expected to attend this year’s conference. A third of those are students and residents.
To schedule an interview, please contact Margie Shealy at (423) 844-1047 or by e-mail: email@example.com. The Christian Medical Association is equipped with Ku Band Digital Uplink satellite and ISDN lines.
Christian Medical & Dental Associations
http://www.cmda.org TN, US
Margie Shealy - VP for Communications, 423 844-1047
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Paul Kengor to Speak on Principles of a Reagan Conservative
- Ukrainian Priest Speaks on ‘Revolution of Dignity,’ Transformation of Afflicted Country
- Cardinal Kasper's shocking theology of Catholic marriage
- Papal agency calls for protection of religious believers’ rights following invasion of Ukraine
- Akerman-Teixeira Duo Featured at Gaudium Musicae
- Veritas Conference to Discuss Threats to Religious Freedom
- Media and Faith Conference Slated for April
- NYC Thursday April 24th Spring Fling - Singles Mingle Charity Event
- PROVIDING LIFE-AFFIRMING PREGNANCY SUPPORT TO WOMEN LOWERS ABORTIONS IN PENNSYLAVNIA AGAIN!
- Andy LaVallee to Appear on The CatholicTV Network