'A Blessing to One Another'
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
THE BERNARDIN CENTER AT CATHOLIC THEOLOGICAL UNION
“A BLESSING TO ONE ANOTHER”
POPE JOHN PAUL II & THE JEWISH PEOPLE
The Loyola University Museum of Art
820 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois
CHICAGO, IL, JULY 24, 2007 - A Blessing to One Another illustrates the Life of Pope John Paul II and his boyhood friendship with Jerzy Kluger, a young Jewish man, who was later instrumental in organizing the Pope’s historic visit to Israel in 2000. The exhibition leads visitors through a wandering street in Poland to the Western Wall in Israel. Text panels, electronic video panels, artifacts and photographs tell the story of shared hardships during World War II, the Holocaust, Karol Wojtyla’s rise to the Papacy, a renewed friendship and the groundbreaking reconciliation between Catholic and Jews.
The Bernardin Center at Catholic Theological Union Catholic-Jewish Studies Program is co-sponsoring this highly acclaimed exhibit on the life and work of Pope John Paul II, focusing in a special way on his work in fostering constructive relations between Catholics and Jews. The exhibit is organized by Xavier University in Cincinnati and has been shown in Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Washington and New York. It is now in Chicago at the new Loyola University Museum of Art located in the Lewis Towers Building on Loyola's Water Tower campus. The Museum's address is 820 N. Michigan Ave., directly across from the famed Water Tower. The exhibit will be on display at the Museum through mid-August. Visiting times are 10AM-5 PM Wednesdays through Sundays; 10:00 am-8:00 pm on Tuesdays.
To learn more about The Bernardin Center at Catholic Theological Union, visit www.ctu.edu.
Catholic Theolgocial Union
http://www.ctu.edu IL, US
Toni Callahan - Communications, 773 371-5415
Pope John Paul II, The Bernardin Center, Catholic Theological Unon
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- EWTN PREMIERE: New StoryTel Film Explores Soldiers of Christ in America
- Crosiers offer novena for protection against Ebola virus
- Meet the enemy of big government: J.R.R. Tolkien
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- Pontiff and Prophet: Pope Paul VI predictions in On Human Life ring true throughout the world
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel