Announcing Secretum Meum Mihi - A Newsletter for Catholic Women
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Announcing Secretum Meum Mihi, a Newsletter for Catholic Women
Milwaukee, WI – November 6, 2006 – When asked why she became a Catholic, Edith Stein mysteriously wrote “Secretum meum mihi” (Latin for “My secret is mine”). This phrase is the touchstone of a spirituality newsletter edited by Kristen West McGuire for Catholic women of all ages and vocations.
Each issue will feature an in-depth spirituality interview with a Catholic woman, a bible study, a historical sketch and a book review suitable for group use. Issue themes for 2006-2007 outline insights from Edith Stein’s Essays on Women. The first 500 subscribers also get a FREE copy of McGuire’s book, The Glory to Be Revealed in You: A Spiritual Companion to Pregnancy.
“Secretum Meum Mihi is a drivel-free zone,” asserts McGuire. “The content is as unique and inspiring as the Catholic women I meet across the country. They are pro-life, and committed to social justice. Women aren’t usually ideologues, but relationship builders in the local parish, at home and on the job. Secretum Meum Mihi encourages women to develop a bond with Jesus that transforms those relationships.”
A veteran Catholic writer, McGuire holds a Master of Divinity degree from Wesley Theological Seminary and a B.S. in Psychology from Georgetown University. She wrote a column on spirituality and art history for Catholic Faith and Family in 2000-2001. Her work has also been published in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Our Sunday Visitor, Catholic Exchange Online, and Envoy.
Upcoming issues will feature historical sketches by medieval expert Sandra Miesel, co-author with Carl Olson of The DaVinci Code Hoax (Ignatius, 2004). In addition, look for interviews with “womanpriest” Kathy Sullivan Vandenberg, Jewish convert Meredith Gould, and author Genevieve Kineke.
A sample newsletter is available at www.MySecretisMine.com. Internet subscriptions are $12.95/year; U.S. Mail subscriptions are $24.95/year. Parishes can subscribe and make unlimited copies for their parishioners for only $119.95/year. Customers may subscribe online using PayPal, or send checks to the address listed above.
Secretum Meum Mihi Press
http://www.MySecretisMine.com WI, US
Kristen McGuire - Editor/Founder, 414 704-7261
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour