A Companion Guide to the Albom Movie
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
With the December 5th movie release of Mitch Albom's best-selling novel, "The Five People You Meet in Heaven", many Catholics are asking if this might be another opening to discuss the Catholic Faith.
"Albom's book provoked a tremendous amount of conversation about the Four Last Things," says author and lecturer Steve Kellmeyer, "Eddie, the main protagonist, dies within the first few pages of the novel, and the rest of the book follows him as he journeys towards heaven. The book itself is a marvelous discussion of what Purgatory might be like. It treats death, pain, purgation with an enormous amount of respect."
"But if you want to get the most you can out of the book," Kellmeyer continues, "it really helps to have a good Catholic study guide. 'Effective Habits of the Five People You Meet in Heaven' is just such a guide."
Kellmeyer's book uses the characters and the situations in the book-turned-movie to discuss the theology and Scripture embedded in the plot. "Mitch Albom hid an enormous amount of Scripture within the book. He also starts one of the most compelling discussions on what constitutes the life of virtue that this culture has seen in years." Kellmeyer's guide explains the various virtues and shows how Eddie's post-death experiences perfect the four cardinal and three theological virtues he has already lived on Earth.
"If you know someone who is New Age, vanilla Christian or even anti-Church, Albom's book may be the key to opening a fruitful discussion. Because it is not obviously religious, most people are not threatened by it. They read it, they love it, they want to discuss it. 'Effective Habits' is a gentle study guide. It will help you explain the Catholic concepts the novel brings forward. After studying the novel in-depth, readers will discover that what they love most about the work turns out to be the deeply Catholic sense of the universe contained within its pages. It will be an eye-opener for them."
Each chapter centers around one character from the book and the obstacles and virtues that character encountered. Every chapter ends with a set of discussion questions and Scriptures for study.
"'Effective Habits of the Five People You Meet in Heaven' makes a great start to Advent, a great Christmas present. It will definitely help you grow in your Faith. Get it before the movie airs, and you will be prepared for any discussion."
http://bridegroompress.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=54 IL, US
Steve Kellmeyer - Founder, 309 685-4085
virtues death pain suffering
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Paul Kengor to Speak on Principles of a Reagan Conservative
- Ukrainian Priest Speaks on ‘Revolution of Dignity,’ Transformation of Afflicted Country
- Cardinal Kasper's shocking theology of Catholic marriage
- Papal agency calls for protection of religious believers’ rights following invasion of Ukraine
- Akerman-Teixeira Duo Featured at Gaudium Musicae
- Veritas Conference to Discuss Threats to Religious Freedom
- Media and Faith Conference Slated for April
- NYC Thursday April 24th Spring Fling - Singles Mingle Charity Event
- PROVIDING LIFE-AFFIRMING PREGNANCY SUPPORT TO WOMEN LOWERS ABORTIONS IN PENNSYLAVNIA AGAIN!
- Andy LaVallee to Appear on The CatholicTV Network