New York City Cowboys Brings Back Old Fashioned Movie
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information, contact:
Carol Struett, ProMedia Group, firstname.lastname@example.org, (609) 465-4390
Diane Kirman, Producer, Diane@nyccmovie.com (818) 456-7277
'New York City Cowboys' Brings Back Old-Fashioned Family Movie
Kickstarter campaign allows the public to change the world one movie at a time
LOS ANGELES, CA (July 11, 2013) - A seasoned team of Hollywood filmmakers has a response to the frequent violence in today's media. They're making the kind of movie that their families enjoyed together when they were kids, striving to "change the world one movie at a time."
New York City Cowboys is an action adventure film with an old-fashioned character-building storyline. Written and directed by Hollywood veteran Stewart Raffill, with a cast led by award-winning actor James Brolin, New York City Cowboys will inspire audiences who come from a tech-filled sedentary lifestyle with spirited doses of action and adventure.
Because funding for this type of film is not easy to obtain, the filmmakers are going to the general public for support. Initial financing for the venture is being raised using "fan-funding" via Kickstarter, a web platform for creative projects. The Kickstarter model is "all or nothing" - either fans rally to support the project and the monetary goal is reached, or the goal is not met and the creators must seek alternate funding. Recently several independent films have been financed in this manner; most notably by actor Zach Braff, who raised $3 million utilizing the system.
The filmmakers have a few weeks left in their Kickstarter campaign to reach their funding goal; the funding period for New York City Cowboys ends August 19, 2013. Pledges start at $1, and each level comes with a reward. A five-dollar pledge gets supporters a signed digital cast poster. A 20-dollar pledge earns a copy of the soundtrack before it's released to the public. Three hundred dollars buys the donor's name in the film end credits. Twelve hundred dollars allows you and a friend to be an extra on the set. When you make a $10,000 donation, you can choose from a variety of rewards: a private movie screening or a line written for you in the script or an opportunity to hang around the campfire with James Brolin and the cast.
For more information, visit www.newyorkcitycowboys.com. For funding details, visit
http://www.newyorkcitycowboys.com NJ, 08210 US
Carol Struett - Owner/Partner, 609-465-4390
Family Film, Faith Based Film, Kickstarter campaign, New York City Cowboys Movie
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes
- Franciscan University Joins With UK School to Offer Online Master of Catechetics Degree
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS
- Thérèse Drama Surprises Audiences