New York City Cowboys Brings Back Old Fashioned Movie
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information, contact:
Carol Struett, ProMedia Group, firstname.lastname@example.org, (609) 465-4390
Diane Kirman, Producer, Diane@nyccmovie.com (818) 456-7277
‘New York City Cowboys’ Brings Back Old-Fashioned Family Movie
Kickstarter campaign allows the public to change the world one movie at a time
LOS ANGELES, CA (July 11, 2013) – A seasoned team of Hollywood filmmakers has a response to the frequent violence in today’s media. They’re making the kind of movie that their families enjoyed together when they were kids, striving to “change the world one movie at a time.”
New York City Cowboys is an action adventure film with an old-fashioned character-building storyline. Written and directed by Hollywood veteran Stewart Raffill, with a cast led by award-winning actor James Brolin, New York City Cowboys will inspire audiences who come from a tech-filled sedentary lifestyle with spirited doses of action and adventure.
Because funding for this type of film is not easy to obtain, the filmmakers are going to the general public for support. Initial financing for the venture is being raised using “fan-funding” via Kickstarter, a web platform for creative projects. The Kickstarter model is “all or nothing” – either fans rally to support the project and the monetary goal is reached, or the goal is not met and the creators must seek alternate funding. Recently several independent films have been financed in this manner; most notably by actor Zach Braff, who raised $3 million utilizing the system.
The filmmakers have a few weeks left in their Kickstarter campaign to reach their funding goal; the funding period for New York City Cowboys ends August 19, 2013. Pledges start at $1, and each level comes with a reward. A five-dollar pledge gets supporters a signed digital cast poster. A 20-dollar pledge earns a copy of the soundtrack before it’s released to the public. Three hundred dollars buys the donor’s name in the film end credits. Twelve hundred dollars allows you and a friend to be an extra on the set. When you make a $10,000 donation, you can choose from a variety of rewards: a private movie screening or a line written for you in the script or an opportunity to hang around the campfire with James Brolin and the cast.
For more information, visit www.newyorkcitycowboys.com. For funding details, visit
http://www.newyorkcitycowboys.com NJ, 08210 US
Carol Struett - Owner/Partner, 609-465-4390
Family Film, Faith Based Film, Kickstarter campaign, New York City Cowboys Movie
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Holy Spirit Catholic School Open House
- 100+ Priests & Deacons Gather in Rome for International Conference Confraternities of Catholic Clerg
- Honor y Gloria a Él Inspires with Songs of Hope and Adoration
- Catholic Clergy issue Joint Statement on Marriage
- March for Life 2015; Franciscan University Students Prepare the Celebrate 'Every Gift Is a Gift'
- Sacred Psalm Texts and Latin Rhythm Combine In New Bilingual Album
- Dr. Janet Smith the Present Catholic Teaching on Reproductive Technologies
- Concert Features Music and Verse from the Middle Ages to Today
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance