The CatholicTV Network to air Film, "Building on Faith: The Historic Churches of Detroit"
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WATERTOWN, MA (June 13, 2013) - The CatholicTV Network will air the film, "Building on Faith: The Historic Churches of Detroit". The film will air on Friday, June 14th at 10PM and Saturday June 15th at 1:30PM ET.
Detroit's Catholic churches have embraced many roles during their existence, serving as historical landmarks, centers for political activities, community charities, and anchors for the city's diverse ethnic groups. They symbolize the devotion, strength, and unity that have nurtured the faithful since 1701.
The congregation of St. Anne, Detroit's first church, persevered to build seven churches over two centuries. Each church has a story as to how they came to be where they are today, what roll they have played in the history of the city and how the church created opportunities, which is shown in the film "Building on Faith".
The film premiere was held at the Detroit Historical Museum. Proceeds from this event went to help fund the Historic Houses of Worship tours done at through the museum. Visit www.detroithistorical.org for additional information on the historical churches in Detroit.
In addition, producer of the film, Lynda Charow, will appear on the nationally broadcasted talk show, This is the Day to discuss "Building on Faith: The Historic Churches of Detroit" on June 21, 2013. This is the Day airs at 10:30AM ET and is rebroadcast at 7:30PM. This episode can also be streamed on www.CatholicTV.com.
The City of Detroit began its legacy of building church structures where immigrants could practice their religion freely. Religious freedom is also the focus of the upcoming Fortnight for Freedom from June 21st - July 4 on CatholicTV. Visit www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/religious-liberty/fortnight-for-freedom for more information.
About the CatholicTV Network:
Founded in 1955, CatholicTV Network is a national broadcast television network streaming a live feed 24 hours a day at CatholicTV.com. Heeding Pope Benedict XVI's call to greater utilize the power of television and new media, the CatholicTV Network features its cable TV station, Catholic web site, mobile apps and widget. Celebrate Mass online; pray The Rosary; enjoy programs on prayer, the saints, the Scriptures and the Catholic Church on America's Catholic Television Network.
Public Relations Coordinator
The CatholicTV® Network
http://www.CatholicTV.com MA, 02471 US
Shannon Muldoon - Public Relations Coordinator,
Catholic, Churches, History, Detroit, Religion
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS
- Thérèse Drama Surprises Audiences
- Catholic Press Association Honors Liguori
- Crosier Order elects master general and councilors
- Indie Catholic Authors June Ebook Sale Offers the Faithful 17 Books Outside the Mainstream
- World Library Publications Honored With Three Paul Revere Awards
- Limitless Love in Action: First Steubenville Youth Conference Inspires Teens to Bring the Fire Home
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Athletic Director Enshrined in Sports Faith Hall of Fame
- AWARD-WINNING CATHOLIC AUTHORS TEAM-UP TO PROMOTE HEALING THROUGH FORGIVENESS
- NY CONCERT FOR NEPAL 5/31