Patrick Lofton New Executive VP at National Catholic Educational Association
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NATIONAL CATHOLIC EDUCATIONAL ASSOCIATION
1005 North Glebe Road
Arlington, Virginia 22201
CONTACT: Barbara Keebler
National Catholic Educational Association Appoints Patrick Lofton
New Executive Vice President
ARLINGTON, VA (June 4, 2013) - Patrick Lofton, associate superintendent of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, has been named executive vice president of the National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) effective July 1, 2013.
The announcement was made by De La Salle Christian Brother Robert Bimonte who will assume NCEA’s presidency on July 1. Bimonte currently is NCEA’s executive vice president.
"Patrick Lofton’s educational and professional background uniquely positions him to provide leadership for and coordinate communications, marketing, publications and information technology at NCEA. His extensive work with diocesan leaders, principals, teachers, school boards and marketing communications professionals has given him a wide breadth of experience to serve NCEA members at all levels,” said Bimonte.
As associate superintendent of Catholic Schools in Milwaukee, Lofton works with members of the Office of Catholic Schools to provide support for 99 grade schools and 14 high schools serving 32,000 students. He assumed that position in 2011. Prior to joining the schools office, Lofton was the principal of St. Thomas More Catholic School in St. Paul, Minn., for five years and also worked as a middle school coordinator and teacher for several years in the archdiocese.
Lofton graduated from the University of Wisconsin with a B.A. in mass communications. He received his M.A. in mass communications-advertising from Marquette University. He has completed the post-baccalaureate teacher licensure program and also received an Ed.S. degree from the University of St. Thomas.
“I look forward to joining NCEA at this vital time in the history of Catholic education,” said Lofton. “I believe that NCEA can be the compass and the catalyst for providing the leadership and the changes that are needed to ensure a promising future for Catholic education.”
NCEA is the largest private professional education association in the world. The association's membership includes more than 200,000 educators serving 7.6 million students at all levels from pre-K through graduate school.
National Catholic Educational Associadtion
http://www.ncea.org VA, 22201 US
Brian Gray - Editor, (571) 451-2878
Lofton, Catholic Education, Vice President, NCEA
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards