RealOptions joins ARIN (Abortion Recovery International) for Abortion Recovery Awareness Month
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SAN JOSE, CA (April 8, 2013) - RealOptions joins ARIN (Abortion Recovery International) this April to create awareness for Abortion Recovery Month. RealOptions’ HOPE (Healing Of Post-abortion Emotions) program encourages and extends healing opportunities to individuals and families hurting from an abortion experience and has been offering these services to the community for over 25 years.
There are an estimated 448,578 post abortive women and men living in Santa Clara County. According to The Guttmacher Institute, 1 in 3 women will have had at least one abortion by the age of 45.
Shirley Poitier, Director of HOPE said, "Most women who choose abortion are usually not aware of the some of the emotional, physical and spiritual side effects. RealOptions has made a commitment to reach out to the community to bring awareness to post-abortive women and men. Just as the Red Cross heals the physically wounded, RealOptions provides healing to those hurting and wounded from an abortion. "
To learn more about abortion recovery go to http://www.friendsofrealoptions.net/aram
RealOptions is also pleased to announce that they will be offering ALL Abortion Recovery Programs at NO charge. They offer two options:
• Rachel’s Vineyard Weekend Retreats- A Christian based retreat with a licensed therapist and spiritual advisors in a secluded setting that is safe and confidential. Singles, married couples, girlfriends, boyfriends, mothers, fathers, grandparents and siblings of aborted children as well as people who have been involved in the abortion industry are welcome to attend.
• Hope Summit- An 8 week study using the book Forgiven & Set Free. This study allows women to form a support group with each other as they work through the grief of their abortion together.
To learn more or to register go to: http://www.realoptions.net/hope
How Can You Help?
• Refer friends or family members
• Advertise at your local church or personal areas of influence
• Invite one of our speakers to your small or large group setting to bring awareness
• Come along side a woman or man who would benefit from such support
• Pray for those who suffer in silence and have not found help
• Write an article at your church or personal areas of influence and tell the community there is hope, help and healing available at RealOptions.
RealOptions has served women as young as 16 and as old as 80+ years young. One participant penned these words on her exit survey: “The HOPE Retreat...has revolutionized my life. Today I know now that I am forgiven and have been set free…It is my life’s mission to shed light where there is darkness and to give back to others what was freely given to me.” Another participant stated, "I was able face many truths and hurts caused by my abortions…RealOptions was a safe place to grieve…thank you for the space and time to acknowledge my anger and to begin processing my emotions in a more healthy way. My new tool box will help me cope, grow and gain acceptance."
For more information contact:
Director of HOPE
RealOptions Pregnancy Medical Clinic
http://www.friendsofrealoptions.net/aram CA, 95118 US
Donna Hecke - VP Community Outreach & Business Development, 408 229-9836
Abortion Recovery Awareness Month, Rachel's Vineyards Retreats, Post Abortion Healing and Help
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- Pontiff and Prophet: Pope Paul VI predictions in On Human Life ring true throughout the world
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel
- Cardinal Raymond Burke: Synod’s mid-term report ‘lacks a solid foundation in the Sacred Scriptures'
- Little Sisters of the Poor Receive Franciscan University’s Poverello Medal
- Bring Mary of Nazareth home