Pauline Books & Media Publishes New Edition To Bestselling Surviving Depression: A Catholic Approach
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BOSTON, MA (September 24, 2012) - Pauline Books & Media is excited to announce the release of Surviving Depression: A Catholic Approach, Updated and Expanded Edition. Originally published in 2003, the English edition has sold 25,000 copies and has been translated into 12 languages.
This newest addition to the “Catholic Approach” line, which tackles everyday topics and offers solutions rooted in Catholic faith and values, is written by Kathryn J. Hermes, FSP, a best-selling author of spirituality titles and a survivor of depression herself.
Responding to contemporary international, national, and ecclesial acknowledgements—post 9/11
unrest, prevalent natural disasters, engagement in war, and clergy sex abuse scandals—the updates in this book provide a grounded reality with which to approach depression in today’s age. An entirely new section, “8 Steps to Inner Peace,” offers insightful scriptural reflections and a step-by-step practical guide to finding peace.
Suzanne Mayer, IHM, PhD, coordinator of Pastoral and Theological Studies at Neumann University reflects on this new edition, stating: “This tenth anniversary revision features a new sense of the even more complicated world in which her readers live and the even more distressing weights that rest upon them. The new second part provides a clear, lived-out eight step process inviting a contemplative stance acquired, as the author evidences, not by efforts to battle depression as an antagonist, but by coming out from under it.”
For additional information or to request a review copy of Surviving Depression, please contact Ariana Tantillo at (617) 676-4490 ext. 4179 or e-mail email@example.com.
Pauline Books & Media is the publishing house of the Daughters of St. Paul, an international Congregation of women religious, whose mission is evangelization through the means of social communication. They operate thirteen retail book centers in North America and a publishing and distribution facility in Boston, Massachusetts.
Pauline Books & Media
http://www.paulinemedia.com MA, 02130 US
Ariana Tantillo - Marketing Associate, 617-676-4490 ext. 41
Surviving Depression, Kathryn J. Hermes, catholic approach, contemporary, peace
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Defending Traditional Marriage: Dr. Ryan Anderson Presents Marriage and the State
- Catawba River Baroque Featured at Gaudium Musicae
- DUFFY BOOK GIVES HOPE TO DIVORCED CATHOLICS
- Walsh University Hosts Third Annual Catholic Schools Photo Contest
- Internationally Published Author, Chris Benguhe Releases his Latest Book, The Best of A Better View.
- Power and Purpose Summer Conference
- Former Planned Parenthood employee is Redeemed by Grace
- The Third Edition of Clean of Heart is Now Available Through Createspace
- Thu, Mar 19, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Charles Lueras, Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Media Alert: Live Web Chat With Former Planned Parenthood Manager Ramona Trevińo