Ancient icon makes its video streaming debut
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DENVER & ROME (June 21, 2012) - Tne of the world’s oldest, miraculous images of the Madonna and Child is now viewable to people all over the world for the very first time.
The original icon of Our Mother of Perpetual Help, which dates back to the 1400s, can now be seen on a live video feed from inside the Redemptorist mother church of Sant’ Alfonso in Rome, Italy where this sacred masterpiece has been venerated since 1866.
For Christians around the world who have a devotion to Mary under this title, this will be the very first time the majority of them will be able to view the original image -- live, up close and personal – through the video stream!
With a simple click on the video player (www.maryprayforus.org), admirers from around the world, and those seeking answers to their prayers through Mary’s powerful intercession, can now spend time with this holy icon in the quiet of their own homes.
When he entrusted the original icon to the Redemptorists in 1866, Blessed Pope Pius IX did so with one stipulation: ‘make her known throughout the world.’ “We believe the Holy Father would be very pleased to see how we have delivered on his mandate over the past 146 years and particularly today with this video streaming announcement,” said Father Harry Grile, C.Ss.R., provincial superior of the Denver Province.
For more information on the icon please visit www.maryprayforus.org.
The Redemptorists are a religious congregation of Catholic priests and brothers founded by St. Alphonsus Liguori in 1732 in Naples, Italy. Presently, there are some 5,000 Redemptorists working for the poor and most abandoned in nearly every part of the world. More than 400 Redemptorists of the Denver Province -- priests, brothers and students – labor in much of the United States and in Brazil, Nigeria, and Thailand.
http://www.maryprayforus.org CO, 80231 US
Bruce Crane - ,
Our Mother of Perpetual Help, Redemptorists, St. Alphonsus
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters