Students to Spend Spring Break Doing Mission Work
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (March 1, 2012) - At least 10 percent of the student population at Franciscan University of Steubenville—over 200 students—will spend spring break far from the comforts of home.
Sponsored by the University's Missions of Peace Program, the students will undertake 10 spiritual and corporal works of mercy mission trips from March 9-18 across the United States and to foreign countries.
The students will travel to Belize, Ecuador, Honduras, the Bronx, Chicago, New Mexico, New Orleans, North Dakota, and San Diego. A group of students will also do mission work in Steubenville.
Students will bring the sacraments, prayer, music, chastity education, and other spiritual works—as well as corporal works of mercy—to the communities they visit. They will volunteer at an AIDS hospice, help homeless men who struggle with addiction, and assist people still recovering from Hurricane Katrina.
Students raise their own funds to cover transportation, lodging, meals, and supplies for their mission trips.
In addition to Missions of Peace, Franciscan University's Office of Evangelization organizes the Son-Life Mission Trip to Florida. There, the students will evangelize high school and college students who go to Florida for the spring break party scene.
For more information on Franciscan University of Steubenville's Missions of Peace spring break mission trips, visit www.franciscan.edu/MissionsofPeace.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://www.franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Mission, Homeless, AIDS, Missions of Peace, Volunteer, Works of Mercy, Franciscan University
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel
- Cardinal Raymond Burke: Synod’s mid-term report ‘lacks a solid foundation in the Sacred Scriptures'
- Little Sisters of the Poor Receive Franciscan University’s Poverello Medal
- Bring Mary of Nazareth home
- 'Encounter Milwaukee' to Reach Catholic Young Adults