Students to Spend Spring Break Doing Mission Work
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (March 1, 2012) - At least 10 percent of the student population at Franciscan University of Steubenville—over 200 students—will spend spring break far from the comforts of home.
Sponsored by the University's Missions of Peace Program, the students will undertake 10 spiritual and corporal works of mercy mission trips from March 9-18 across the United States and to foreign countries.
The students will travel to Belize, Ecuador, Honduras, the Bronx, Chicago, New Mexico, New Orleans, North Dakota, and San Diego. A group of students will also do mission work in Steubenville.
Students will bring the sacraments, prayer, music, chastity education, and other spiritual works—as well as corporal works of mercy—to the communities they visit. They will volunteer at an AIDS hospice, help homeless men who struggle with addiction, and assist people still recovering from Hurricane Katrina.
Students raise their own funds to cover transportation, lodging, meals, and supplies for their mission trips.
In addition to Missions of Peace, Franciscan University's Office of Evangelization organizes the Son-Life Mission Trip to Florida. There, the students will evangelize high school and college students who go to Florida for the spring break party scene.
For more information on Franciscan University of Steubenville's Missions of Peace spring break mission trips, visit www.franciscan.edu/MissionsofPeace.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://www.franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Mission, Homeless, AIDS, Missions of Peace, Volunteer, Works of Mercy, Franciscan University
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?